AGV Sport Valencia Jacket
- A 100% polyester textile and mesh jacket that is reinforced with high abrasion resistant ballistic nylon for optimum protection, durability and comfort
- Removable waterproof and breathable Reissa liner zips in over a permanent mesh lining
- Liner features one pocket and may be worn separately as a windbreaker
- CE approved dual-density shoulder and elbow protectors
- 8mm thick memory foam upper chest and upper and lower back padding
- Permanent mesh lining
- Perforated chest, belly, sides and front of upper arms and back for maximum cooling on hot days
- Moisture wicking material as well as neoprene is used in the collar for maximum rider comfort
- Pre-curved arms for a perfect look, fit and for maximum riding comfort
- Reflective piping is used on the front and rear of the jacket for safety
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- World famous YKK zippers
- Extra long zipper pulls are used on all zippers
- Dual sleeve gather snaps are used on each arm for maximum comfort
- Pleated textile panels are used in multiple locations for the finest non-binding fit possible
- Waist connection zipper for pant attachment
- Two front hand warmer pockets
- Inside horizontal and vertical pockets, one of which is designed to be a media pocket
- Adjustable Velcro waist tabs
Please Note: We cannot ship AGV Sports products to Canada, Italy or Russia (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
These jackets are sold in US chest sizes. Below is AGV Sport’s sizing chart. Sleeve length measurements are taken from the shoulder seam to the cuff.
The Valencia jacket has more of a “sport” cut, meaning it tapers down at the waist and the arms are fairly snug fitting. We measured a selection of these jackets in our office and found them to run fairly true to size. If you are between sizes, I would suggest picking the larger of the two.
Our Two Cents
The Valencia jacket is a mesh summer jacket with textile reinforcements in the impact areas. The fit of the Valencia is not typical of most mesh jackets in that it is more of a fitted, sport cut. The torso tapers down towards the waist and the arms are form fitting and snug (it fits almost like a leather race jacket). This has advantages and disadvantages. The good thing about a tighter fit is it prevents the fabric from flapping in the wind, and it also helps to keep the armor in its proper place. The downside is some may find it less comfortable, and in my experience, when a mesh jacket is tight it reduces the amount of air that can pass through the jacket. If you decide to go up a size, there are snap sleeve take ups and a Velcro waist adjustment belt to help adjust the fit. Okay, now that we’ve covered that, let’s move on to the features of the jacket. The Valencia is a fairly straightforward mesh jacket. There are two front pockets, as well as an interior document pocket and cargo pocket. A wind blocking, waterproof liner is included for cool or wet weather. The liner zips in on either side of the main zipper, and more than once I accidentally unzipped the liner instead of the jacket – just something to get used to. The liner does have a Velcro storm flap and should do a decent job keeping water out. We have taken several photos of the Valencia jacket here in our studio. Be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a closer look.