HJC RPHA ST Rugal Helmet
- Advanced P.I.M. (premium integrated matrix) a composite of carbon fiber, fiberglass epoxy, Aramid epoxy, and organic fibers resulting in a remarkably strong shell which is extremely lightweight
- Optically superior fog resistant clear Pinlock® prepared shield (HJ-20ST) comes complete with a clear Pinlock® insert for the ultimate Anti-Fog system. Innovative center shield locking mechanism for a balanced, ultra secure seal
- RapidFire™ II shield replacement system: quick, tool-less removal and installation
- One-Touch integrated smoke-tinted anti-scratch SunShield (HJ-L1): 2 positions, easy to use side lever even with gloves on. Quick and easy removal and installation with optional tinted shields available
- Max Air-flow top vent: variable air flow is adjusted by glove-friendly intake vent
- “ACS” Advanced channeling ventilation system; full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out
- SilverCoolPlus™ interior: Premium soft feel with Ginkgo Extract; moisture-wicking and odor free interior with advanced silver anti-bacterial fabric. Crown and cheek pads are fully removable and washable
- 5 year limited warranty
- Meets or exceeds D.O.T. standards
Here is a link to HJC’s website where you can download helmet manuals by model. You’ll find information on installing and removing shields, base plates, cheek pads, chin curtains, etc, as well as helmet care and cleaning.
Read on for more details.
Below is a size chart provided by HJC for this product. If you need help with how to measure, or how to evaluate the fit of helmet please have a look at this guide by HJC (the size chart included in this guide is for a “generic” HJC helmet and may differ slightly from the chart below that is specific to this product).
If you have questions about how this helmet might fit as compared to other helmets in your closet, please visit this FAQ for some advice.
|Helmet Size||Hat Size||Head Measurement (inches)||Head Measurement (cm)|
|XS||6 3/4 to 6 7/8||21 1/4 to 21 5/8||54 to 55|
|Small||6 7/8 to 7||21 5/8 to 22||55 to 56|
|Medium||7 1/8 to 7 1/4||22 1/2 to 22 7/8||57 to 58|
|Large||7 1/4 to 7 3/8||22 7/8 to 23 1/4||58 to 59|
|XL||7 1/2 to 7 5/8||23 5/8 to 24||60 to 61|
|XXL||7 3/4 to 7 7/8||24 3/8 to 24 3/4||62 to 63|
Other Useful HJC Information Links:
Need help choosing the right shape and size helmet for your own noggin?
Learn about the LidPicker!
Our Two Cents
The RPHA-ST is the latest offering from HJC in the RPHA series of helmets. The ST uses the same Advanced Premium Integrated Matrix shell construction HJC has used in previous RPHA helmets so naturally the helmet is really lightweight, the medium weighs in at just over 3lbs 4oz. The light weight combined with the internal drop down sun visor makes it a great full face street helmet. The outer design of the shell gives the helmet more of a sporty feel without being too flashy, so it will look good on just about any style of bike. The helmet has a large chin and top center vent. Both can easily be found and controlled with gloves on. The helmet also has four exhaust vents; two exhaust vents under the integrated rear spoilers, and two in the lower back of the helmet. Getting to the fit of the helmet, I found that it was a perfect fit for me right out of the box. I am typically a medium in an intermediate oval or neutral shell. If you have more of a rounder head shape then you might need a larger size or to go with a different style helmet. I also noted that HJC designed the way cheek and crown pads meet up so they will not cause pressure on the arms of eyeglasses or sunglasses. The RPHA ST comes with a Pinlock ready shield and breath deflector pre-installed. In the box with the helmet you will find a Pinlock insert and a chin curtain you can add to the helmet if you want. – Aaron 10/02/14