HJC CL-17 Helmet
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell: Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- Anti-Scratch Pinlock® ready Faceshield (HJ-09): New 3D design provides 95% U.V. protection. Side shield lock mechanism for a ultra-secure seal. For ultimate Anti-Fog system add an optional Pinlock® insert (sold separately)
- RapidFire™ Shield Replacement System: Simple and secure shield ratchet system provides ultra-quick, tool-less removal and installation for efficient operation. 2-Stage shield closure system with one-touch center open/close shield locking system makes for an extremely tight and secure seal
- “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out
- SuperCool® Moisture-Wicking Interior: Fully removable and washable cheek pads and liner. Anti-Bacterial fabric. All sizes of cheek pads are interchangeable in all helmet sizes. Glasses groves accommodate riders who wear eyeglasses
- Meets or Exceeds SNELL & D.O.T. Standards Note: Sizes 3XL – 5XL only available in select styles. Sizes 3XL-5XL D.O.T. approved only
Take the link to access the Manual for sizes XS through XXL and the Manual for sizes XXXL through XXXXXL. HJC broke it down into two different manuals, but the only difference is in the certification; the larger helmet sizes are DOT only.
Read on for more details.
Other Useful HJC Information Links:
Our Two Cents
The HJC CL-17 is brand new. This is the successor to the CL-16 which has been the “bread and butter” helmet for HJC for many years.
What’s new? Well, let’s start with what stays…. great pricing, Pinlock ready shields as standard, DOT and Snell ratings (except certain sizes which are only DOT), great ventilation and a high quality replaceable interior.
And here is what is improved: Sizes up to 5XL… wow!, improved ventilation and improved fit. Here is a nice pdf that outlines the venting functions and some highlights of the interior of the helmet.
The best thing I see about these helmets are the graphics and finishes. It is remarkable to me that you can buy a helmet that looks this good, and is of high enough quality to be DOT and Snell approved at this price. Really, there isn’t a reason to go with a lesser quality or an old helmet. :: Paul, 09-18-13
Update: Our friends at webbikeworld.com just awarded this helmet the 2013 Motorcycle Helmet Value of the Year, which is pretty high praise indeed. In addition, they’ve done a very thorough review. 01-02-14
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
I got the CL-17 as my girlfriend's first helmet. Snell for next to nothing?! Perfect! Turns out she did great on the bike, but there's not much room for upgrade which is doubly great! I should have bought one for myself and spent the savings on a ... (Read more...)
HJC CL-17. So far, so good. Just a few hundred miles but I love it already. (Read more...)