FirstGear Highway Gloves - 2011
- Goat leather palm and back; lighter and more flexible than cowhide
- Palm gel pad reduces vibration
- Box-construction with tapered fingers for a comfortable fit
- Pre-curved fingers for a natural feel when riding
- Mesh panel across back knuckles for ventilation
- Adjustable wrist strap for a custom fit
- Elastic wrist for retention
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
I found these gloves to be fairly comfortable right out of the package, thanks to the thin supple leather and stretch panels at the knuckles. It can be hard to find an all leather riding glove that is good for hot weather rides, and the Highway Gloves certainly fit that category. The portion of these gloves that cover the knuckles is a mesh material that breathes very well, and should provide very good ventilation to the back of your hand. The backs of the fingers also feature some stretch material across the 2nd knuckle of each finger which not only helps with flexibility but should also add a bit more airflow. The thin goatskin leather allows for good control feel, and there is some thin padding at the base of the fingers to help quell any vibrations. While the gloves feel nice and light on the hands, the trade-off is they lack the protection of a heavier glove. We have taken several closeup photos of these gloves here in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to check them out.