Cortech by Tour Master Scarab Winter Gloves
- Aniline drum-dyed leather construction with a HiPora® waterproof and breathable barrier
- Aniline drum-dyed goatskin palm with abrasion-resistant, titanium/carbon protection panels
- Schoeller® Dry Skin Keprotech® in the palm patch with titanium/carbon covered padding
- 3M™ Thinsulate® 100gm insulation
- Molded titanium/carbon knuckle, finger and wrist protection panels
- Pre-curved palm and fingers for form-fitting comfort
- Large gauntlet cuff with a leather closure flap that incorporates a titanium/carbon protection patch
- Soft brushed fleece interior lining
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Scarab winter glove is an excellent choice for an insulated waterproof leather glove and would work well for street or sport riding. The styling of the gloves is definitely more sporty than “normal” insulated gloves. These gloves combine quality materials and good construction. The Hipora membrane helps keep the water out, but still allows hand moisture to escape. For cooler weather the glove is insulated with a material called Thinsulate that is great at providing warmth, but doesn’t make the glove excessively bulky. The gauntlet is long and has a Velcro adjustment so it can be easily pulled over the sleeves of your jacket. The gauntlet also has some hard armor offering good protection to the wrist. The high quality leather should provide some good abrasion protection in the event of a crash, and there is a very substantial amount of protection on the knuckles, fingers and palm. Over all I think this glove offers an excellent amount of protection from the elements and in the event of a crash. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good closeups of this glove.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Wow, am I happy!... Extremely fast shipping to Canada. The Cortech Scarab winter (yes, it's cold here now) gloves feel great and look as though they would do a very good job in the event of an off, and they fit true to size. I'm really impressed w... (Read more...)
I got these gloves a couple months ago to extend my riding season. So far they are doing well. The insulation is about as thick as you would want in a motorcycle glove. (Read more...)