FirstGear TPG Cocona Tech Glove Liners
- Ideal layering piece for your riding gloves; extraordinary wicking properties allow hands to stay warm when it’s cold and cooler when it’s hot outside
- Dramatically improve the performance of any waterproof/breathable glove
- Billions of active micro porous Cocona® particles provide 800% more surface area to spread moisture
- These active particles utilize body heat to help speed up evaporation and accelerate breathability
- By using the energy your body creates to speed up evaporation, you stay drier and more comfortable
15 Percent Off Just For The Holidays! Right now prices are adjusted down to 15% off MSRP on ALL non-closeout FirstGear and Speed and Strength products through January 14th! Special pricing is in addition to Free Shipping and Loyalty Gift Cards (if applicable).
These gloves are a trim fit stretchy material so getting a size that will work for you shouldn’t be a problem. Just choose the size you normally wear in gloves.
Our Two Cents
I haven’t personally proven or dis-proven the functionality of these gloves yet, but I think the idea is very interesting. Here is some info from the maker of the material: “Derived from coconut shells, Cocona® active particles enhance the performance of waterproof breathable fabrics by increasing the surface area and absorbing the energy your body produces to accelerate evaporation and breathability, keeping you dry on the inside and allowing you to stay out longer. Billions of active micro porous Cocona® particles provide 800% more surface area to spread moisture. These active particles utilize body heat to help speed up evaporation and accelerate breathability. By using the energy your body creates to speed up evaporation, you stay drier and more comfortable.”
Many people buy silk gloves liners to improve the comfort of their gloves, and silk is nice, but this material promises more in the way of moisture wicking and temperature control. We’ll add some more info soon after we’ve used these for ourselves. :: Paul, 10-08-13