AGV Sport Sky Jacket for Women (Size XL Only)
- Constructed of 100% Polyester MaxTex 600 Denier fabric, with an integrated waterproof and breathable Reissa membrane
- Textile spandex stretch panels are incorporated into the shoulder area and down the sides of the jacket for a perfect fit
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- Quality embroidered appliqué and brand logos, no patches
- 100% Polyester anti-bacterial fixed mesh lining
- Removable 75 gram thermal insulating lining for those chilly mornings
- CE approved protection at the shoulders and elbow EN 1621-level 1
- 8mm thick memory foam back pad
- Zip and Velcro® brand closure wrist closure
- Equipped with zip open vents on each arm and two on the upper back
- World famous YKK zippers throughout
- Extra long zipper pulls are used on all zippers
- Two front hand warmer pockets and one interior waterproof vertical wallet pocket all with zipper closures
- Equipped with a 8 inch universal pants connection zipper
- Forcefield Back Insert application: size 001
I’ve included AGV’s sizing chart for women. I checked the chest and waist on a selection of these jackets and I found the sizing on the Medium and Large to be very much in line with the chart. The sizes XS and Small were just a bit bigger than the chart shows. I’d say the XS was a 35” max chest and and Small was a 37 max chest. If you are in the smaller size ranges and are in between sizes on the chart, choose the smaller.
The fit should be easy because there is a large flex panel in the torso on either side which will give quite a bit. There are also flex panels behind the arms to help with mobility.
|Size||Chest (inches)||Waist (inches)||Sleeve|
|XS||33 – 34||27 – 29||24.5|
|Small||35 – 36||29 – 31||25|
|Medium||37 – 38||31 – 33||25|
|Large||39 – 40||33 – 35||25.5|
|XL||41 – 42||35 – 37||25.5|
Our Two Cents
We bought a group of the Sky jackets on closeout recently. It was part of a larger group that included the men’s AGV Sport Avenger jacket. Both styles were made closeout because of a mistake in their design. They’d said the jacket was “100% waterproof” but the jacket didn’t have the usual double overlapping closure over the main zipper to keep water from coming through the zipper teeth. If you are OK with the jacket not being 100% waterproof construction, you can have one of these babies for a song!
The style will be great for commuting or for touring as well. The body is a bit longer than most sport jackets and will give nice coverage for you which will feel comfy in colder weather. The materials used in the shell are very nice. And there is some nice feminine detailing on the jacket. The jackets have a feminine overall shape too (narrow at the waist, but flared at the hip line).
You get a removable full sleeve liner for use in cold weather and there are some zip vents on the chest and biceps. Since this jacket has a built in waterproof liner, it won’t flow air through to your skin like a non-waterproof style, so I’m recommending this jacket for use in anything from cold to warm weather (but not hot weather). Armor and a back pad are included too.
Take a look at the full group of pictures in our photo gallery to see everything close up. Pockets, armor and a removable liner make this jacket a great deal at our closeout price! :: Paul, 04-12-16