TCX X-Five Plus Gore-Tex Boots (Mostly Smaller Sizes)
- Upper constructed of full grain leather with front and rear padded area for better comfort
- Gore-Tex® membrane for breathable waterproofing
- Protection consists of ankle impact protection, shift pad integrated in the sole, shin plate with embossed logo, reinforced heel & toe counter
- Foot bed is anatomic and replaceable
- Touring sole with specific grip area and superior stability
- Comfort Fit System developed by TCX ensures an extremely comfortable boot, ideal for prolonged use in different situations
Please see our TCX Sizing Information page for help in choosing a size.
Our Two Cents
What sets the X-Five (formerly the Matrix II) apart from many other styles? The three key things: 1) cowhide is used as the upper material (as opposed to the synthetics used in most other motorcycle boots), 2) genuine Gore-Tex® material is used as the waterproofing liner (most folks think Gore-Tex® performs better than other brands of breathable/waterproof liners and 3) the boot is CE rated (not sure that this makes it a better boot, but it definitely can’t be bad). We’ve sold literally thousands of pairs of this boot (previous versions under the Oxtar name) and have had terrific feedback from customers as to the comfort and the boot’s waterproofing ability. The overall style of the boot is ideal for street riders and commuters. And being a taller boot, it could also be worn by sport riders who use pants that tuck in. The boot has armor pieces installed inside the shin area and also on each side of the ankle and the toe box and heel area have firm inserts to provide protection and to keep the shape of the boot intact with use. I would regard the sole as being of “medium” thickness; thin enough for sport bike shifting, but thick enough to have some comfort for walking. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good close-up pics of this boot and its features.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
I am a happy owner of the Oxtar Matrix boot from about 8 or so years ago. Bought from Motorcycle Gear (back in the day New Enough). I've ridden maybe on the order of 60,000 miles with the old boots, in all sorts of weather, rain and desert shine... (Read more...)
But, apart from the tight fit aspect, the gang at MotorcycleGear took good care of me and got the order to me as quickly as they could. This kind of consistent service will keep me coming back for the moto-gear I need. Thank you. (Read more...)