FirstGear Women's "Mesh-Tex 2" Mesh Jacket
Moved to the Bargain Basement because… we are down to the last few size/color selections, so we need to sell the last few pieces!
- Rated Best Buy in Motorcycle Consumer News, July 2002
- Ballistic mesh nylon shell, totally vented for warm weather riding comfort
- Perforated EVA shoulder and elbow armor with EVA foam back pad
- Perforated nylon lining for maximum airflow in warm weather
- Zippered hand-warmer pockets and inside wallet pocket for additional storage
- Adjustable sleeve cuffs and adjustable waist ensures a comfortable fit
- Includes removable windbreaker liner
Check out these similar products:
We find the fit of this jacket to be consistent with other “alpha” sized ladies jackets, so choose a size based upon what you normally wear in women’s clothing/jackets. You can consult First Gear’s sizing chart for a conversion from the “alpha” size to a ladies dress size.
Our Two Cents
The Mesh Tex 2 jacket, now in its second generation, boasts a new windproof liner and updated styling. We’ve sold hundreds of these jackets for those wanting a comfortable jacket for really hot weather. The mesh material used allows the wind to blow right through, so these jackets will provide a measure of protection without cooking you in the hot summer weather. The previous version of this jacket was a Motorcycle Consumer News “Best Buy”. And since this version is much the same, but with the updated styling and windproof liner, you can be sure it’s a great choice. The windproof lining will extend the comfort range of a garment like this making it useful all day—even when morning temps are cool. You can start your morning ride using the liner to provide a wind break, then when the temps warm up, remove the lining and pack it away for the afternoon. Many folks have commented that they like the tighter weave of the fabric used in this design (as opposed to the looser weave found in other styles), since it has a bit more of a tailored look. We recommend this jacket with the Women’s FirstGear Mesh-Tex 2.0 Pant. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above for some shots of the jacket and pants as a full hot weather riding suit.