Alpinestars Harlem Air Boots
- Constructed using a combination of breathable mesh and full grain leather
- Mid-cut boot, fitted with instep and Achilles flex zones providing freedom of lateral movement and superior comfort
- Mesh panels on the side of the boot allow for a comfortable, secure fit whilst providing superior ventilation
- Double-density injected ankle protection molded into the inner structure of the boot
- Heel protector molded internally with reinforced visible heel protector fitted externally for ultimate protection
- Toe protection provided by an additional strip of leather across bridge of toes for ultimate comfort while changing gears
- Full frontal opening aperture secured with YKK zip and hook-and-loop strap fitted externally
- Exclusive outsole 3D thread pattern provides greater grip and comfort on or off the bike
Check out these similar products:
The overall fit/size of this new style seems “true” to their published size chart (see below), so if you are comfortable with a certain size from previous boots, then choose the same size. I’d consider the width of the men’s sizes to be normal to slightly wide (D or E).
|Euro||Men’s US||Women’s US|
Our Two Cents
The Harlem Air boots look quite a bit different than most street/sport boots. These have more of a fashion flare. I’d venture more of a European fashion flare. They look somewhat like Harley style boots, but more “dressy”. The “Air” version of the boot has large panels of mesh material that allow for air flow through the boot. One can easily blow through the mesh panels, so they would almost certainly be very effective to keep your feet cool in hot weather. The leather used seems high quality and should break in easily. The way the sewing is ended at the very top of the boots looks like it would necessitate the use of some heavy socks for a while until that leather softens up, but it should be OK after breaking in. There is double leather over the toe shifting area, but it’s just leather, so it will get scuffed (most MC boots have rubber or plastic here). I like the molded sole. Seems super grippy. Take the “View Larger Images” link above to see some close-ups.
Note about color: We’ve included Alpinestar’s factory picture in our photo gallery, but it is WAY off on this boot. The leather portions of the boot are all black leather with a softer matte finish. Definitely not the two-tone look of the factory picture.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
This is the perfect street riding boot for the commuter in a "business casual" office! These are actually my second pair of these same boots, as we ride year round in SoCal. I can wear them seamlessly from the office, to the bar, and everywhere... (Read more...)