Alpinestars GP Plus Jacket - 2011 (Euro 50 or 56 Left)
- Designed for the city rider who also enjoys spirited weekend riding
- Constructed from supple yet durable 1.3mm full-grain leather
- Removable and adjustable CE certified Bio Armor protection in the elbows and shoulders
- Chest and back pad compartments with PE comfort padding (Alpinestars CE-certified Nucleon inserts sold separately)
- Snap connection system allows integration with the CE level 2 certified Nucleon KR-R Back Protector
- Inner mesh lining with stretch panel inserts that work with outer stretch zones for improved flexibility and precise fit
- D-ring and Velcro waist adjustment allows a tailored fit
- Convenient internal Napoleon pocket with zippered closure
- Internal waist connection zipper allows attachment to selected Alpinestars leather and textile pants
This product is sold in European sizes. You can choose a European size based upon your US chest size using our Alpinestars Sizing Charts page, but in simple terms, the European size will be 10 points more than your US chest size (suit coat size).
This jacket is a street-cut style and therefore has an “average” sport-cut fit. The max belly for any given size will be about 16 points lower than the European size. For example, the max belly for a 56 Euro/46 US jacket will be about 40 inches. So if you have a bit of a belly it’s best to consider that before choosing a jacket size.
Our Two Cents
The 2011 version of the GP Plus Leather Jacket from Alpinestars has their new Bioarmor protectors in the elbows and shoulders as well as the abrasion resistance that only leather can provide. The GP Plus offers all of this protection in a package that is very comfortable for more casual street use, yet could still work for the occasional track day. With CE approved armor in the shoulders and elbows, as well as foam padding in the chest and back (which can be upgraded with Nucleon inserts), the GP Plus offers plenty of crash protection. The 1.3mm full grain leather is soft and flexible, and should get even better with break in time. Zipper and Velcro sleeve closures as well as Velcro waist adjustment belts provide a custom fit, while a soft collar lining keeps you comfortable. Stretch panels are located behind the elbows, while the underarms and inner arms are finished with a stretch material that promotes mobility. The arms on the GP Plus are noticeably rotated forward, so standing around for long periods of time in this jacket might get a bit uncomfortable, but they feel just right for the riding position. I found the fit to be noticeably more relaxed than their more “racy” jackets. For storage there are two zippered hand warmer pockets, an internal document pocket, and two internal cargo pockets. Lastly, a pants connection zipper is included for attaching the jacket to select Alpinestars pants. The mating half of the zipper is also included, so if you want to have that installed on to some pants that you already own you can do that as well. We have taken several photos of this jacket here in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Photos” link above to check them out.