Alpinestars Crew Shoes - 2011
- Lightweight, well ventilated shoe designed for automotive racing pit crews
- Open air-mesh upper with excellent air flow properties
- Welded cage provides a supportive structure for the whole foot
- Comfortable padded collar offers extra ankle support
- Outsole designed to provide maximum cushioning and support while minimizing weight
- Further cushioning granted via the soft EVA foam midsole
- Hard EVA shank improves mid-foot support
- Strategically placed rubber panels on the outsole maximize grip
- Forefoot flex-grooves enhance shoe articulation
- Segmented construction on the rear of the shoe helps maintain impact absorption
- Air bladder component in the heel provides extra shock protection
Check out these similar products:
We found these to run true to size, so order the size you normally wear in tennis shoes. I would say these have a regular or “D” width.
Our Two Cents
Want to display your passion for riding even while off the bike, or while chilling out in the pits at the track? Since race boots aren’t that practical to wear while out and about, you might want to pick up a pair of Alpinestars Crew shoes. From the outside these look like regular cross-trainers that you would buy at the local sporting goods store. A mesh upper provides good airflow and breathability, and an EVA sole provides cushioning and support. Alpinestars lists quite a few features such as a “welded cage” that provides a supportive structure to the whole foot, but to be honest, these look and feel just like an ordinary pair of nice sneakers. We took a few pictures of the white and red color scheme in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a closer look.