AGV Sport Tempest Jacket
- A 100% polyester textile jacket that is highly reinforced with high abrasion resistant ballistic nylon for optimum protection, durability and comfort
- Constructed with a waterproof and breathable Reissa membrane
- Removable and washable quilted liner zips in over a permanent mesh lining
- CE approved dual-density shoulder and elbow protectors
- 8mm thick memory foam upper and lower back padding
- Zip open air vents are positioned on the upper chest, arms and back
- Moisture wicking material is used in the collar and cuffs for maximum rider comfort
- Pre-curved arms for a perfect look, fit and for maximum riding comfort
- Reflective piping is used on the arms, front and rear of the jacket for safety
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- World famous YKK zippers
- Extra long zipper pulls are used throughout
- Dual sleeve gather snaps are used on each arm for maximum comfort
- Pleated textile panels are used in multiple locations for the finest non-binding fit possible
- Waist connection zipper for pant attachment
- Two front hand warmer pockets and five interior pockets
- Adjustable Velcro waist tabs
Please Note: We cannot ship AGV Sports products to Canada, Italy or Russia (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Check out these similar products:
These jackets are sold in alpha sizes. Below is AGV Sport’s sizing chart. Sleeve length measurements are taken from the shoulder seam to the cuff.
We measured a selection of these jackets in our office and found them to run fairly true to size. If you are between sizes, I would suggest picking the larger of the two.
Our Two Cents
Here’s a closeout you’ll find only at Motorcyclegear.com! We bought all the remaining US inventory in this style. Enjoy the savings while the inventory remains. When our stock is sold, there will be no more! Our product comments: Riders on the Storm… (any fans of The Doors out there?). The Tempest jacket from AGV Sport is ready to ride through any conditions with its built in waterproof and breathable “Reissa” membrane (their version of Gore-Tex®). This type of jacket will do a decent job keeping you dry if you get caught in the rain, but it will end up being warmer than a plain textile jacket. Also keep in mind that the outer shell of the jacket will still get soaked in a downpour. Behind the main zipper of the Tempest jacket is a nice large storm flap that should keep water and unwanted wind out of the jacket. The Tempest jacket also includes a fully sleeved insulated liner which should keep you warm on cold days. The liner zips in and out of the jacket very easily with color coded elastic buttons which keep the sleeves in place. AGV Sport provided a generous amount of reflective material on the front and back of this jacket, a welcome feature for riding at night or in inclement weather (check out our photos of these in action). The Tempest also has a nice set of adjustment features that will make it very comfortable for long periods of time. A waist adjustment belt is found on each side of the jacket, and sleeve take up straps are on the lower and upper part of each arm. The sleeve cuffs have zippered openings and two position snaps which help seal out unwanted wind and water. Stretch panels are used behind the elbows and shoulders as well, which keep the jacket from being too restrictive. For hot weather there are zippered vents at the arms, shoulders, and upper back. These will help direct cool air towards your body, just keep in mind that the waterproof barrier will stop air from reaching your skin directly. For protection there is CE approved armor in the shoulders and elbows, and a memory foam back pad. We have taken several pictures of the Tempest jacket in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a look.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Very nice jacket and can not beat the price. Material is very substantial and armor seems to stay in place well. Vents are also well placed and easy to operate. (Read more...)