AGV Sport Ion Gloves (Mostly Larger and Smaller Sizes Left)
- Short length sport warm weather glove
- Constructed with Clarino synthetic leather and vented breathable foam mesh
- Clarino synthetic leather reinforced palm for abrasion resistance
- Foam pads on outer side of hand and base of thumb area
- TPU plastic knuckle armor with shock absorbing memory foam
- High grip material is used in the palm area
- High tensile strength thread stitching construction
- High impact areas double stitched for maximum strength
- Single Clarino cuff closure for quick adjustment and fast closure
These gloves are consistent with the major American based brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, Joe Rocket, etc, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
In trying on the XL, if anything, I thought the gloves were roomy. Certainly not so much I’d advise you to buy a size smaller, but if you are between sizes and are forced to choose, I’d advise to go smaller.
Our Two Cents
We picked up this closeout group and are now offering the entire group at a great price. The Ion is a short cuff, full coverage glove for summer riding. The palm area of the glove is mostly a solid Clarino material (man-made, but looks like finely sueded leather). The back of the hand is reinforced with a rubberized knuckle guard, and there are padded areas in the heel of the hand (a common impact area) and on the upper-outside of the hand. The gloves have a band around the wrist and close with a simple Velcro tab which secures them to your hand. Overall, they are nice, lightweight summer gloves with moderate to light protection. To be honest, when I first reviewed these gloves, I passed on carrying them because of one little nit I didn’t like… the mesh material on the backs of the fingers can snag on the Velcro “male” patch which the wrist strap secures to. Now if you are careful, it isn’t a problem, but I was afraid we’d have complaints, and since there are lots of other gloves of this general kind, I just chose to avoid any issues, but when they came out on clearance at the killer price, I decided my customers could overlook the issue as long as I made them aware. Under $20? What a deal! :: Paul, 07-01-14