AGV Sport Avenger WP Jacket (One Size Left: Small)
100% windproof and waterproof
- Outer shell constructed of 100% Ripstop Polyester fabric and 100% Polyester stretch fabric at sides
- Ballistic fabric at elbows for added abrasion resistance
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- Constructed with a permanent waterproof yet breathable Reissa membrane between the outer layer and liner
- Removable and washable thermal insulating 75-gram quilted liner zips in over a permanent anti-bacterial Polyester mesh lining
- Seven zip open vents: two on the chest, two on the biceps and three larger ones on the back
- CE approved dual-density shoulder and elbow protectors EN 1621-level 1
- 10mm thick memory foam back pad
- Additional rubber padding placed on upper chest, the rear ribs and lower back areas
- Fleece material as well as neoprene in the snap closure collar for maximum rider comfort
- Reflective piping on the elbows, front shoulders and across the rear shoulders of the jacket for safety
- YKK zippers throughout
- Extra long zipper pulls throughout
- Pre-curved arms for a perfect look, fit and for maximum riding comfort
- Two hand warmer front pockets with zipper closures and one interior zip open waterproof vertical wallet pocket * Adjustable Velcro waist straps
- 8 inch universal pants connection zipper
- Ready for Forcefield Back Insert Size 007 (optional accessory)
Please Note: We cannot ship AGV Sports products to Canada, Italy or Russia (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
We put these Avenger jackets in a size Medium and XL on our Fit Test Mannequins. Both jackets fit well and since there is an effective adjuster at the waist, we were able to tailor the fit easily. Based on the fit on our Fit Test and also my measurements, I’d advise you to buy the size you normally buy in men’s clothing. If you are sometimes between sizes, then I’d advise you to choose the smaller.
Below is AGV’s “official” current size chart for textile and mesh styles. As you can see from the chart below, the chest sizes indicated for each “alpha” size are quite large as compared to “normal” men’s sizing. I don’t think this jacket fits as large as their chart indicates, but I list it only for your reference. The actual “max chest” for any of the sizes is about 2” less than the chart would indicate.
|Size||Chest (inches)||Sleeve (inches)|
|Small||42 – 43||24.5|
|Medium||44 – 45||25|
|Large||46 – 47||25.5|
|XL||48 – 49||26|
|XXL||50 – 51||26.5|
|XXXL||52 – 53||27|
Our Two Cents
When this jacket first came out in late 2014, I liked the jacket very much, but was bummed that AGV had made a mistake in their design. They’d said the jacket was “100% waterproof” but the jacket didn’t have the usual double overlapping closure over the main zipper to keep water from coming through the zipper teeth.
So now, some 2 years later, the jacket showed up on the closeout list (no surprise) and I snagged them for a great price. The jacket has value as a “water resistant” jacket, and at the price we are now offering them, it’s a steal. The style is longer than most sport jackets and will give nice coverage for you which will feel nice in colder weather. The materials used in the shell are very nice. It is sort of a “slick” nylon that doesn’t collect lint and dirt like some other jackets that have a softer nap. And they don’t wrinkle much either so they have a tidy look to them.
You get a removable full sleeve liner for use in cold weather and there are some zip vents on the chest and biceps. Since this jacket has a built in waterproof liner, it won’t flow air through to your skin like a non-waterproof style, so I’m recommending this jacket for use in anything from cold to warm weather (but not hot weather). Armor and a back pad are included too.
Take a look at the full group of pictures in our photo gallery to see everything close up. Plenty of pockets, armor and a removable liner make this jacket a great one for street riders or commuters. And, oh, that closeout price! :: Paul, 11-18-15