FirstGear Explorer Gloves - 2011 for Women
- Constructed of a combination of goat leather, Cordura 330D and nylon fabrics
- Waterproof/breathable using Hipora™ membrane
- Thinsulate™ 40 gram insulation for warmth on back
- Palm side utilizes 2 oz fiber fill for additional warmth
- Bemberg® cool liner for comfort
- 1-handed elastic cord closure
- Adjustable wrist strap for a custom fit
- Reflective piping for nighttime visibility
- Box-construction with tapered fingers for a comfortable fit
These gloves fit comparably to other major brands of gloves, so select the size you normally wear.
Our Two Cents
The Women’s Explorer gloves are a good option if you are looking for an insulated glove without much bulk. The combination of leather and textile fabrics makes a glove that isn’t heavy or cumbersome, yet offers some good insulation for cooler weather. I would hesitate to suggest these for extreme cold, as they probably aren’t thick enough to keep you warm during very cold weather. The back of the knuckles are leather, as well as the back of the first two fingers. The leather palm is soft and supple, and is also reinforced for some abrasion protection and extra strength. A Hipora membrane is used for waterproofing, and 40 gram Thinsulate for warmth. A visor wiper will help keep your vision clear in wet weather, and there is a draw cord in the gauntlet to seal out unwanted wind and water. For night time visibility, FirstGear has used some reflective piping at the back of the fingers. We have taken several pictures of these gloves here in our studio, so be sure to click “View Larger Images” above.