Sidi Armada Gore-Tex Boots
- Two boots in one! Wrap around upper with ankle support beams can be removed to transform the Armada from an adventure boot to a touring boot
- Top grain leather construction
- Equipped with the world famous Gore-Tex® highly breathable and waterproof membrane to add a waterproof yet highly breathable barrier between the elements and the rider’s feet
- The Gore-Tex® membrane breathes more than any other membrane thus the rider’s feet will stay cooler in warm weather with a Gore-Tex® equipped boot
- Secure Velcro over full length zipper entry/closure system
- Dual position zipper closure points to adapt to any calf size
- An elastic panel adjacent to the entry zipper allows a bind free zip and improved fit
- Full length inner gaiter
- Nylon inner sole with removable arch support pad
- Honeycomb elastic panels above the arch area makes for a very comfortable boot!
- Exterior high impact heel protection
- External and internal anti twist ankle protection
- Internal toe protection
- Cambrelle® lining
- High grip toe shift-brake pad
- Padded shin plates
- Double stitched in all high stress areas
- Bonded non-slip lug type sole
- Reflective points above the heel
Please Note: We can ship Sidi products to US, US territory or APO/FPO addresses only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Visit our Sidi Sizing Information page for complete size conversion info (ladies can use the chart at the bottom of the page). Sidi boots are very consistent for fit from one model to the next and this one is no exception. If you know what size fits you in other Sidi models, then choose the same size. Overall width is “Medium” or “D” width.
Our Two Cents
The new Sidi Armada boot is a combination of a few other current models. It boasts a “convertible” aspect which takes it from a more armored adventure touring mode to a lighter weight touring mode. Have a look at Ryan’s video to see exactly how that works (there are some things that are just better illustrated in video). Is the Armada for you? Well, first, do you want a Gore-Tex waterproof boot? Gore-Tex is THE premium waterproofing liner material for all sorts of sports equipment and apparel. I don’t think anybody disputes the superior performance of the product. If you are a true believer that the Gore-Tex brand is worth it (adds about $100 to a boot like this), then you are on the right track with the Armada. Next is the sole. This sole is a more rugged lug sole as compared to the thinner/smoother sole found on sport and street boots. This sole is favored by those who do adventure touring and touring riding. Sidi’s most famously popular boot, the On Road, uses the same sole as does the Adventure Rain and Canyon Gore-Tex. All these boots are variations on a theme. Some have more or less aggressive protection features depending upon how far on the spectrum you go with the off-road nature of your riding. So now, why the Armada? Well, a rugged Gore-Tex boot like this is expensive and few people will buy more than one pair of a boot like this to cover the range of riding they do. If you feel that you sometimes would be best served with more protection, but then at times, you’d be happier with a lighter weight touring oriented boot, then I think you’ve found your next boot! I won’t re-state how the boot works because you can see that best in the video, but there are a couple things not covered in the video that are worth a mention: the waterproof membrane in this boot will be functional only up to the stretch fabric panel in back which would be effective to about 9” off the floor. Ryan made a point of showing how the gator in Sidi boots comes all the way to the top, which implies it is waterproofed to that height, but it’s not. Not a big deal, but I just thought I’d point it out. Also, one new (at least new to me) little feature is the extra notch in the leather along side the zipper. There is a secondary cut away about 2/3 of the way up the boot. It is there so you can park the zipper pull part way up in case you have really big calves and need the room. The Velcro-close extra shin cover is adjustable to accommodate that too. In describing the reasons why you’d want this boot, I was trying to give you some functional criteria to help you choose. Of course you’ll like all the quality features, but aside from all that, if you want it because it is unique and has a sort of a high-tech macho quality to it, then go ahead… I mean that is OK because you know it is a quality product and is in the same price range as comparable boots. Why not be high tech and macho? I’d do it for sure. :: Paul, 12-12-12 (hmmm…not every day you get to type out the date like that! Well, except once a year for the last eleven years :) )