Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof Boots - 2011
- Full grain leather upper with lightweight fabric inserts
- Dual density lateral and medial ankle cups
- Internal toe and heel counters are layered under the full grain leather
- Midsole contours to the foot and features a structured high modulus shank reinforcement
- Waterproof and breathable Drystar® lining
- Removable anatomic foot bed and multi-density EVA padding
- Alpinestars’ exclusive vulcanized rubber compound sole with unique side wrapping design
- Double width adjustable Velcro® straps for secure closure and fit
- Velcro® adjuster strap on the instep and Achilles flex zones provide superior comfort
- CE certified
These boots are sold in US sizes (and half sizes). The width of the boots is D (which is considered to be a “normal” width). We tried these on here in the studio and found that the sizing was accurate.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars Ridge boots are a nice, low top motorcycle boot with a Velcro opening that makes them quick and easy to put on. These boots would be ideal for commuters or casual riders who do not want a full length riding boot. While these boots do have a waterproof membrane, it does not cover the top 2 inches of the boot, and since these boots are already fairly low, you’ll want to make sure your riding pants or rain suit cover the top of the boots well in the rain (and avoid deep puddles!). The sole of these boots is nice and flexible, and they should be quite comfortable off the bike, and the basic styling should be passable in just about any situation. We have taken a few pictures of the Ridge boots here in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a look at them.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Just bought my 3rd pair of Alpinestar Ridge boots. As with the 2nd pair the sizing was off. The 10 1/2 is really a 9 1/2. But Aaron in customer service was excellent to work with, and he shipped me out a replacement pair (marked a size 11 1/2, tho... (Read more...)