Sidi Vortice Air Boots
- Constructed of Lorica and lined with Teflon vented mesh
- Lining in the toe area is Cambrelle (a soft, but strong lining)
- Lorica® is a composite micro fiber material that acts like natural leather, but is stronger, lighter weight, has a higher abrasion resistance, is more breathable, and more flexible
- Lorica® is also easy to maintain as it does not stain and it cannot be scratched
- Teflon liner prevents water or sweat from being absorbed- the boot dries quickly and does not form mold
- Perforated leather for ventilation
- Techno Calf Tensioner adjusts the leg circumference- placed in the back of the boot’s upper, it works through a nylon wire that hooks directly to the shin plate
- Techno Shin Tensioner allows for excellent flex movement front-to-back while being firm side-to-side
- Air Ventilation System is positioned on the outer-lower part of the boot and features an air intake that can be operated by an aerodynamic shaped button
- Techno Instep Tensioner offers an additional fastening system on the front part of the foot, on the instep
- Shock absorbing heel cup is a polyurethane shell that holds a shock absorbing insert
- Shin plate
- Vortice Slider made of nylon and reinforced with fiberglass
- Racing SRS Sole constructed of a polyurethane and rubber blend; the front of the arch is removable for replacement
- Gear change pad is molded of DuPont Techno-polymers to ensure the quality of the plastic on this boot at high and low temperatures
- Composite inner sole resists side-to-side compression for great protection; insole features a removable arch support that will never lose its dynamic characteristics (water resistant and designed to withstand high footpeg pressures)
Free Sidi Socks with a Boot Buy! Yep, buy this pair of boots and you’ll get a free pair of Sidi Tech Road Socks, a $24 value.
Here’s the how-to:
1) Buy the boots
2) Get the boots
3) If a keeper, email us with your order number and we’ll mail you the free socks
4) If not a keeper, set up a return... no free socks for you.
Please Note: We can ship Sidi products to US, US territory or APO/FPO addresses only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Visit our Sidi Sizing Information page for complete size conversion info (ladies can use the chart at the bottom of the page). We feel the chart works well to choose a size based upon a US shoe size.
Our Two Cents
The Vortice Air race boot is a standard Vortice boot but with perforated Lorica used in most exposed areas. This is to increase the ventilation to the foot (beyond the vents included with this boot and also the standard boot). Here is what I had to say about the standard Vortice (all of which applies to this boot): First thing to know about the Vortice boot is how to say it: Vor-tee-chay. Of course after hearing the name pronounced you know it’s Italian, right? The Vortice is Sidi’s latest and greatest for track racers. The boot expands upon and improves upon the safety and comfort of their previous (now obsolete) Vertigo Corsa. This boot has a re-designed ankle/shin/leg support system. Instead of most designs that feature an upper brace connected to the lower foot by way of a hinge mechanism, this boot also offers more freedom of natural movement because the upper leg brace consists of two pieces that are connected together, but that move independently. You can therefore get more front-to-back movement, but with the side-to-side support to help prevent injury. The brace system opens up like a clam shell which fits around an inner boot made of (the usual) Lorica material. The upper brace fastens with Sidi’s exclusive “Techno Tensioners” at the base of the front shin armor and in the rear upper calf area. The tensioner consists of what looks like nylon fishing line connected to a positive locking ratchet mechanism. It’s a proven design (previously used successfully on the Vertigo Corsa) and works quite well to provide a custom fit to a wide range of leg sizes. There is also a tensioner across the instep. The other new/big improvement is the sole design. Like some off-road boots, this boot has a replaceable sole which will add additional life to this boot (which is a good thing considering the price!). Venting is standard on the boot through a unique vent positioned front and center and built into the toe slider. There is another vent on the outside of the foot just below the ankle. Both vents have an open-close feature and both provide a clear path for air to rush into the boot. Of course you get the other safety features you’d expect on a high-end racing boot such as shin protection, heel impact protection and a rigid toe box. Here’s some advice for those who might consider this boot for off-track use: Take a look at the “View Larger Pictures” link above and you will see that in order to get this boot on, you have to completely disengage the three tensioners and open the boot’s front and back leg brace system, then unzip the side zipper. Then you slide your foot in and reverse the whole procedure… and then do it all again on the other foot! So for those that want a race-type boot for weekend sport riding or commuting, please consider a less elaborate design. This is really for racers who want the special features and aren’t concerned about the 5 minutes it would take to put them on each time. We’ve included a lot of close-up pictures with rather long captions to try and demonstrate all the features of this top-of-the-line boot.