Alpinestars Bionic S 2 Jacket
- CE-certified GP shoulder protectors with injection molded shell and dual-density PE padding
- Removable CE-certified Bionic Back protector
- Technical stretch net construction
- Chest guard
- Stretch Cordura reinforcement rear panels
- YKK semi-auto lock zipper closure
- Adjustable shoulder
- Wearable over or under the jersey or jacket
- Dual adjustable Velcro waist strap belt regulation system
- TPR details
Check out these similar products:
The jackets are sold in Alpha sizes, and although the mesh/stretch nature of the materials makes them fairly forgiving in size, we found the men’s sizing to run a little on the small side by just trying them on. Our guess is about a half size. We recommend you select a size based on your normal jacket or shirt size, and if you are normally between sizes we recommend selecting the larger of the two.
Our Two Cents
The Bionic S 2 jacket offers shoulder, chest, and back protection and it’s assembled on a stretch mesh framework. The jacket consists of CE approved shoulder protection, a CE approved back protector that includes kidney padding and Alpinestar’s Bionic chest plates. All of the armor is mounted on a stretchable mesh shell that helps keep the armor securely in place. Adjustment straps on the front and back of the shoulder armor and the Velcro waist belt give the jacket a customizable fit. This armor jacket will work well under or over your non-protective gear. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good closeups of this product.