Nelson Rigg CL-1040-TP Jumbo Tail Bag
- Constructed of Top quality UV-treated Tri-Max® Ballistic Nylon with Fibertech accents
- Nylon loop adjustable mounting system
- Dual mounting capability
- Non slip/non scratch mounting base
- Reflective piping
- Lined interior
- Fully expandable main compartment can accommodate most full face helmets
- Expandable side pockets
- Maintains shape when empty
- Heavy duty zippers with pull tabs
- Reinforced carrying handle
- Adjustable shoulder strap included
- 100% waterproof rainstorm cover included
- Nelson Rigg’s lifetime no hassle warranty
- Mounting instructions
- Dual mounting feature explanation and video
Read on for more details.
- Main compartment dimensions: 14.00”(L) x 13.00”(W) x 10.00”(H)
- Main compartment expanded dimensions: 14.00”(L) x 13.00”(W) x 13.00”(H)
- Capacity: 29.83 Liters or 38.78 Liters when expanded
Our Two Cents
The CL-1040-TP Jumbo Tail Bag has the most amount of storage capacity of all the Nelson Rigg tail bags. It has a fully expandable main compartment and it maintains its sporty look when expanded.
With the main compartment fully expanded we were able to fit a full face helmet inside with some room to spare. Or the multi day package along with a leather jacket equipped with elbow, shoulder and back armor!
This tail bag also has the “Dual Mounting” feature. This means it can be attached to any Nelson Rigg saddlebags to create a complete luggage system that is simple to install and even easier to remove and transport. If you already own Nelson Rigg saddlebags or are purchasing them along with this tail bag, you can purchase the TPKSB-MT-35 Dual Mounting Kit here.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
I contacted Nate via email and he told me that adding to the order would not be a problem and asked what I wanted to add. I gave him the model number I wanted, and he notified me in the return email that the model that went with the CL-1040 was a different (and cheaper) model than the one I specified. Then he instructed me that all he needed was me to call and give my payment information to finish the deal. (Read more...)