Sena SMH10R 3.0 Bluetooth Intercom w/Universal Mic Dual Kit
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Firmware Upgradeable
- Light weight and ultra slim profile
- Bluetooth Intercom up to 900 meters or 980 yards
(in open terrain)
- Four-way conference intercom
(total of 4 persons can communicate in conference mode)
- Conference phone call with intercom participant
- Multipoint for mobile phone+GPS
- Voice prompts
- Bluetooth stereo headset for Bluetooth audio devices such as MP3 players etc…
- Bluetooth music playback control by AVRCP: Play, pause, track forward and track back
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Sufficient sound level with integrated audio booster
- Bluetooth hands free for Bluetooth mobile phones
(only for phones with hands free capability)
- Bluetooth headset or stereo headset for Bluetooth GPS navigations (motorcycle friendly GPS units only)
- Water resistant for use in inclement weather
- Crystal clear and natural sound quality
- Up to 8 hours talk time, 7 days stand-by time
- Can be used while charging on road trips
- Detailed instructions and setup guide included
- Two year manufacturers warranty
- Manufacturer Part #SMH10RD-01
- (2) Headset Main Unit
- (2) Speaker Set
- (2) Wired Mic
- (2) Attachable Boom Mic
- (2) Battery Pack
- (2) USB Power Cable
- (2) Cigarette Charger
- (2) Set of Double Sided Adhesive Tapes for Main Unit
- (2) Set of Velcro Pads for Main Unit
- (4) Mic Sponges
- (4) Velcro Pads for Speakers
- (4) Speaker Pads
- (2) Velcro Pad for Wired Mic
- (2) Velcro Pad for Boom Mic
- (2) Velcro Pad for Battery Pack
There are several How To Videos on Sena’s Youtube channel that you might find helpful
Read on for more details.
Our Two Cents
The Sena SMH10R is an ultra slim version of the SMH10.
So what’s different about the SMH10R compared to the SMH10? To accomplish the ultra slim profile of the SMH10R Sena removed the jog dial (which is used for toggling between modes/functions) and the battery is not inside the unit, it is designed to be installed somewhere in the liner of the helmet (click on the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see the line art drawing of the unit installed). There is no auxiliary “in” port on the SMH10R so audio must be streamed to the unit using a Bluetooth enabled audio device. Lastly, up to 8 hours talk time with 7 days stand-by time with the SMH10R vs. up to 12 hours talk time with 10 days stand-by time with the SMH10.
Featuring Bluetooth 3.0 that allows 4 separate riders to be paired together and communicate in conference mode.
Pair 4 separate riders together using the “daisy chain” method (the instructions/user guider will go over this) rider 1 pairs to rider 2 and then rider 2 pairs to rider 3, etc… If rider 1 gets further than 900 meters from rider 2, the connection is lost. If rider 2 gets further than 900 meters from rider 3, the connection is lost and so on. The good thing is the SMH10R is set up to automatically reconnect when pairing is lost. Example, when you have 4 riders in conference mode (using the “daisy chain” pairing method) and rider 4 loses connection from rider 3, rider 1, 2 and 3 are still in conference mode. When rider 4 gets back in range, his SMH10R will automatically pair back with rider 3 and in turn, join back into the conference conversation with the other 3 riders.
“Conference phone call with intercom participant” – A rider having a phone conversation through the SMH10R (paired to a Bluetooth phone) can bring another rider that is paired to them in conference mode through the SMH10R and everyone can hear each other and participate.