FirstGear Laguna Mini Hard Tank Bag
- Semi rigid thermoformed outer shell maintains its shape when empty
- Non slip / non scratch magnetic mounting base
- GPS/Cell phone pocket with clear view window
- Upper electronics/map portion is detachable
- Adjustable shoulder strap included
- Rain cover included
- Calculate tank bag size on your motorcycle video
Check out these similar products:
- Dimensions: 8”(L) x 10.5”(W) x 4”(H)
- Electronics upper bag dimensions: 8”(L) x 10”(W) x 1”(H)
- Cell phone compartment dimensions: 4.5”(L) x 2.5”(W) x 1”(H)
- GPS compartment dimensions: 4.5”(L) x 3.75”(W) x 1”(H)
Our Two Cents
The thermoformed outer shell of this tank bag is nice a rigid, I also like the compact size. What I don’t like are some things about the mounting options that FirstGear advertises (see notes below). Also, the upper bag which has compartments for a cell phone and GPS, doubles as a map pocket. With a map inside, the electronics cannot be seen. This is a nice mini tank bag for trips around town carrying small items, I just think FirstGear may have tried to get to many features into a small tank bag.
Note About The Mounting System: You will see this bag advertised by FirstGear and other retailers as having a mounting system that can be used in magnetic, strap mount, and suction cup modes. I was skeptical of how all these methods can be accomplished through one mounting base. Magnetic mount checked out good but we cannot find any strap mount mounting straps so we are listing this as a magnetic mount only. The suction cups are designed to attach to the mounting base in place of the magnets. Honestly I do not see how this is possible, we tried with no success. For this reason we do not acknowledge the “suction cup” mounting capabilities of this bag. Click on the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see corresponding photos to this note.