SetUp Old Grand Prix Boots (sm men's and ladies left)
- Synthetic leather upper
- Lining is a fully vented cotton/poly blend
- Double stitched in all high stress areas
- Shin plate constructed of injection molded plastic, which is anatomically formed to the shape of the rider’s leg
- Recessed plastic toe shift pad
- Internal toe protection
- Upper calf elastic panel for a snug fit against the rider’s calf
- The ankle is internally protected via injection molded nylon shields on both the inside and outside
- A softer-pleated material is used in the achilles and instep area for increased flexibility
- Injection molded thermoplastic heel cup
- Closure system via a half zipper and upper Velcro for a better adjustment
- Davos sole made with an exclusive Set Up formulated compound
A note about the Setup brand: Setup is a brand developed by Sidi a few years back. The idea was to design “value priced” boots for every-day riders that performed well for a reasonable price. The popularity of the boots has been good, but the recent devaluation of the dollar has short circuited the “value priced” part of the equation, so therefore the brand has been discontinued in the US. The boots you see here are on closeout and will not be available after our inventory is gone. Please use the drop down menu below to view remaining sizes/colors.
Check out these similar products:
Choose a men’s or women’s boot size using the Setup Size Conversion Chart. SetUp boots are sized very similarly to Sidi boots, so if you have experience with Sidi sizing we suggest you buy the same size.
Our Two Cents
This style has been discontinued and we were able to buy the remaining stock direct from Italy at a great closeout price. Take advantage of this sale while inventory remains. Use the drop down menu to view remaining size/color choices. My comments from the ‘06 season: The Setup Gran Prix boot is a sport/street design with good protective features in all the right areas including the shin, ankle, toe and heel. To make the boot comfortable for street riding, the soles are slightly more substantial than racing boots, so they provide some cushion and support (rather than being a thin hard rubber). The closure zipper is well made and the Velcro closure over the zipper makes them very secure. Like other Italian designs, this boot is made of a synthetic leather. Sidi and Alpinestars use Lorica brand material, but this boot uses a similar non-branded material (I would presume to keep costs down). To me, the look and feel is identical. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good closeups of this boot and its features.