Alpinestars SP-1 One Piece Suit
- Ninety degree anatomical race fit
- Ergonomically placed Schoeller® stretch Kevlar® panels for optimal flexibility
- Leather flex zones on waist and knees
- Updated, MotoGP profile, aerodynamic and ventilated back hump for improved streamlined performance and cooling
- 1.2 – 1.4mm premium full-grain leather for excellent abrasion resistance
- Removable CE certified GP protectors with injection molded shell and dual density foam padding
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- Replaceable PU GP knee sliders
- Internal chest protection compartments with PE padding inserts (Alpinestars Bionic chest guards available as accessory upgrade)
- Alpinestars race construction neoprene sleeve cuffs for added comfort
- Perforated leather panels for increased cooling
- Removable mesh liner
- YKK Semi Auto Lock zippers
- Microinjected logos
- Secure snap connection system for Alpinestars Bionic Race Protector which is available as an optional accessory (see below).
$45 Promotional Gift Certificate Available on This Product!
Purchase this product and receive a rebate gift certificate. Click here for details.
Check out these similar products:
The suits are offered in European sizes, so you can select the size using Alpinestars sizing chart using your chest and waist measurements. If you have a bit of a belly, please also measure and compare to the following table. Make sure you are selecting a suit size that will accommodate your chest, belly and waist (from the Alpinestars chart). Height on these suits could be described as “average”. For the smaller suits, max height would be about 5’8”, for mid-size suits about 5’11”, and for the larger suits about 6’1”. If you are taller, then you will want to consider a 2pc suit or a jacket/sport pant combination which will give you more torso height.Note about adding a back protector: This suit does not come with a back pad installed. If you plan on wearing a separate back protector underneath, you will want to choose a suit about a size larger to allow enough room.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size
|Max Belly Size
Our Two Cents
The SP-1 race suit is an excellent high-quality race suit that would work well in warmer riding conditions. The front of the torso is perforated to provide cooling airflow, and the aerodynamic speed hump on the back is perforated to channel air down the rider’s back. This suit offers Alpinestars most advanced racing hump. Its a full size unit (some of their other styles have a “low profile hump”), and has built in air channels to make the venting feature more effective. The speed hump will provide a bridge between the back of a rider’s helmet and their shoulders in case of a fall. This lessens the chance of one’s neck being wrenched forward (chin down position) when landing on your back. The armor used in the suit is a hard plastic over softer foam type armor that looks to be very heavy duty. The knee and shin armor are two different pieces that install separately so as not to hinder your knee movement. In the chest of this suit there is some flexible foam padding that can be upgraded to the optional Bionic chest pads (see link below). Another handy feature is the removable nylon liner. You can zip it out and run it through the laundry to keep the interior of the suit clean. For added comfort this suit utilizes stretchy material in all of the key movement areas and a large accordion stretch zone in the lower back making the suit feel a little more natural in the tuck riding position. Those riders with larger calves will appreciate the zippered expansions in the back of the calf, which when opened up will give you some extra room in that area. Overall this suit offers quality, comfort and protection suitable for the average to experienced rider. For some good closeups of this suit and its features, take the “View Larger Pictures” link above.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
I ordered the Alpinestars SP-1 suit as a Christmas present to myself for the upcoming track season, and I couldn't be happier with the product or the service. Fits great, looks great, now I just need to make sure the rider performs as well as the... (Read more...)