Arai Contour-X Snake Helmet
- Logo duct works well at low speed and with an upright riding position and can be opened or closed easily with summer or winter gloves, via a short-stroke lever placed at the top— if the rider can’t see the lever and the logo is in its normal place, the duct is open
- Rear spoiler sits a little more forward on the shell and is fed by 3 ports in the shell and efficiently draws air, but also smooths airflow over (and from the side) of the helmet, improving stability and reducing buffeting, especially while overtaking at highway speeds resulting in much less rider fatigue
- 3D ARAI logo duct, just 3.5 mm in depth, feeds two central 10 mm intake ports
- Logo duct is designed to breakaway in the event of an impact
- Aerodynamic rear spoiler with one piece exhaust function
- The one-piece aerodynamic rear exhaust/spoiler, operated by a 3-way switch, is inspired by the DF-X2 of the Corsair-X, but redesigned for touring use
- Manufactured as thin and light as possible, the aerodynamic rear spoiler is designed to crush or break away upon impact, therefore having no influence on protective performance
- Sliding chin vent actuating mechanism is thicker and easy to use with gloves
- Designed to fit and connect a communication system easily on the shell exterior and without any compromise to the protection offered by the inner EPS liner
- 3-position (open, midway and closed) sliding air-scoop chin vent which flows a large intake volume of air and has a replaceable filter
- Outer shell design outlines a stylish, organic shape and uses Peripherally Belted * Complex Laminate Construction (PB-cLc2) for lightweight strength and integrated side ducts
- Extra later of super fiber belting, in outer shell, maintains rigidity in a crucial area while offering flat sides for easy fitment of an intercom system
- Shell flares 5 mm around the opening, making it easier to get the helmet on and off (for newcomers to ARAI, the initial ‘snugness’ when putting the helmet on or taking it off can be challenging)
- With Variable Axis System (VAS), the visor mounting position is lowered, yielding an average of an additional 24 mm across both temple areas, in pursuit of the ideal smoother shape that increases the ability of glancing off energy
- For a nice, clean final look and ride, a small stitched opening on the inside of the neck roll allows the intercom system installer to easily tuck away any excess wiring that may be left-over after installing the speakers
$45 Promotional Gift Card available on this product!Purchase this product and receive a promotional gift card!
Read on for more details.
Read on for more details.
|Size||Head (inches)||Head (cm)|
|XS||20 7/8 – 21 1/4||53-54cm|
|Small||21 5/8 – 22||55-56cm|
|Medium||22 1/2 – 22 7/8||57-58cm|
|Large||23 1/4 – 23 5/8||59-60cm|
|XL||24 – 24 3/8||61-62cm|
|XXL||24 3/4 – 25 1/8||63-64cm|
This chart is just a starting point for determining the correct size Arai for you. For an in-depth look at Arai helmet sizing, click here
Need help choosing the right shape and size helmet for your own noggin?
Learn about the LidPicker!