Cortech Apex 2.0 Pants
- Constructed with a combination of perforated and non-perforated top grade drum dyed leather (1.2-1.4mm)
- Removable CE-approved knee armor and soft hip armor
- Triple and double-stitched with high strength bonded nylon thread
- Accordion-style expansion panels at knees and waist for increased flexibility and a performance fit
- Heavy duty, 600 denier stretch nylon panels in the inseam and calves for ease of movement
- Pre-Curved knees for comfort and performance in the riding position
- Optional knee slider attachment
- Mesh lining throughout enhances air circulation and comfort
- Features a full-circumference and 8-inch pant to jacket attachment zipper with the jacket sides included
- Elastic waist helps to fine tune the fit
- Pairs with Cortech Adrenaline and Latigo 2.0 jackets
- YKK zippers
Read on for more details.
These Apex 2.0 leather sport pants are designed to be zipped to a sport jacket with either the short rear zipper or the full around zipper. Those zippers tie the jacket and pants together and the jacket will help hold up the pants. To make the pants comfortable, the waist band is wide and VERY stretchy, so wearing the pants just by themselves is problematic because of the stretchy waist. You really need to be wearing these pants with a jacket to make them work right.
So getting back to size choice, you’ll want to choose a pant size using your waist measurement. Measure pretty high up on your waist, just under the navel. If you are between sizes in the chart, choose the smaller size.
|Pant Size||Approx Waist||Measured Inseam|
The inseams of these pants measures out quite short, but sport pants like this are designed to only reach the top of the foot as they will most likely be worn under boots. So a 30” or 31” inseam sport pant works well for a person who normally is in the 32” to 34” range jean inseam.
Our Two Cents
These Apex 2.0 leather sport pants are designed for use with Cortech or Tourmaster sport leather jackets (those that have the full circumference connection zipper feature). See my comments above about fit and the waist design.
These pants are a leather shell, and they are partially perforated. The perforations are helpful in warmer weather to flow some air through the pants. There is stretch material in the crotch area and behind the knees and calves. The stretch material aids in being able to move freely and that fabric will also add in the venting too.
The pants have removable CE armor in the knees, and thick but dense foam is permanently installed in the hip area. Velcro patches are provided on the knees for the addition of knee sliders (sold separately, see below). The knee armor is attached to the inside of the leather shell with Velcro and it is set up such that you can position that armor up or down to suit your leg length. This is a nice feature that will improve your chances of getting a comfortable fit.
If you have a Cortech or Tour Master sport jacket and want to complete your sport riding outfit with pants, you’ll really want to consider these. Zipper connections in different brands are different, so matching up the jacket brand and the pant brand will save you some hassles. :: Paul, 12-15-15