Tour Master Venture Air 2.0 Pants
- New Armor-Link® mesh shell with 1680 denier ballistic polyester knee panels for comfort, durability and abrasion resistance
- Phoslite® reflective panels and piping for increased nighttime visibility
- Durable 1680 denier ballistic polyester seat panel minimizes slipping
- Double-Stitched construction throughout
- Dual-Elastic panel waistband with adjustable waist belts to fine-tune the fit
- Accordion-Style expansion panels at the rear waist and above knees for increased flexibility
- Two zippered hand pockets with 600 denier Carbolex® covers
- Removable, CE-approved knee armor with Tour Master’s exclusive Three Position Knee Armor Alignment System as well as removable soft hip armor
- Stretch materials in the calf and inseam for a performance fit
- Removable, two-stage Aqua-Therm® liner: The first stage is a waterproof, windproof liner, and the insulated second stage can be easily added for increased warmth
- Features an 8” pant/jacket zipper attachment with the jacket side zipper included
Read on for more details.
Below you will see a size chart for this pant developed by Tour Master. We’ve checked these pants against the chart and we find it is accurate. Measure yourself over the clothing you think you’ll be wearing under the pants. Also, take a measurement a bit higher on your body than typical jeans because protective pants like this ride a little higher. Use the measurements to choose the size pant you need.
|Pant Size||Waist Range||Regular Inseam||Short||Tall|
Our Two Cents
The Venture Air pants are one of the longest running designs of any product we sell. I don’t know precisely what year the original came out but it was at least 8 years ago. And this new 2.0 version is virtually identical to the original. The ONLY significant difference is that the mesh pants on this version have a bit tighter weave. The cut, function and all the rest is exactly the same.
I read over the review of the original years ago, and it still applies perfectly to the 2.0 version, so here it is! The Venture 2.0 Air pants are designed to offer comfort and protection in a wide variety of weather conditions. The main shell of the pants is made of a mesh material that will keep you cool on even the hottest of days. The pants are constructed with side zippers that allow you to step into the pants with your boots and street pants on which makes a design like this ideal for commuters and touring riders. For cooler and/or wet weather, these pants include a two part liner system allowing you to wear one or both of the liners, making the pants suitable for a very wide range of weather conditions. The first liner is a thin water/windproof liner, and the second is a thicker insulated liner. I am very impressed with the versatility of these pants. Basically they work in both wet and dry weather, and hot and cold temperatures. The liner system has a few drawbacks though. Both liners, when installed, make the pants kind of bulky and neither liner has the side zipper feature like the pant’s outer shell, so when you use these liners, you’ll lose the easy-on/easy-off feature. But aside from that issue, the pants offer a LOT of functionality.
The pants come with removable CE approved armor in the knees that can be adjusted to three different positions so you can get proper placement and protection. The hips are protected with a soft foam armor as well (actually fairly substantial hip armor). The seat and knees have also been reinforced for greater abrasion protection.
Stretch panels in the rear of the waist and above the knees help make the pants comfortable and give the rider a good range of motion. The pants also come with an 8 inch jacket attachment zipper for connection to Tour Master jackets.
One feature we liked when assembling and disassembling the pants is the color coded snaps on the liners and in the legs of the pants. This helps get them back together without inadvertently twisting the liners in the legs—-neat idea! Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good closeups of the pant and its features.
I think the everyday rider will use the pants and learn how to use the liner system to their best advantage. And after you figure that out, the complexity becomes more simple and they just work. :: Paul, 05-29-15
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
The airflow is good, I wore them without any of the liners on a humid evening here in the DC area and it was like I was wearing nothing below my knees (I ride a naked bike). I did order these based on reviews on some rider forums. I also read the reviews below. (Read more...)
As always, great service from Motorcycle Gear. The pants arrived quickly and were put to immediate use. These are year round pants and have excellent air flow. (Read more...)