Alpinestars GP Plus R Airflow v2 Leather Jacket
- Highly durable and technical premium 1.3 leather, multi-panel construction for superb abrasion resistance, with reinforced stitching for optimum tear resistance in the event of an impact.
- Newly developed shoulder protection features over-molded advanced TPU guard layered under the outer fabric for optimized levels of protection and comfort.
- Extensive, advanced poly stretch inserts on chest, underarm and rear shoulder for an excellent fit optimized for all styles of riding and helps keep jacket sleeves positioned close to rider’s body.
- Extensive accordion leather stretch panels above elbow areas allow greater range of movement and helps reduce arm fatigue.
- Perforated padded panels integrated into main shell and sleeves for improved fit.
- Pre-curved sleeve construction helps reduce riding fatigue and prevent material bunching.
- Combination snap button and zipper wrist closures for secure and customized fit.
- Velcro and D-ring waist adjustments ensure highly customized fit and secures jacket in position.
- Ventilation inlets on shoulders are zippered to allow efficient regulation of interior temperature.
- Soft 3D mesh collar construction plus 3D mesh cuff edging for improved comfort and breathability.
- Mesh liner construction for improved breathability, comfort and ventilation.
- Alpinestars race-derived, CE-approved removable internal shoulder and elbow protectors.
- Chest and back pad compartments with PE padding (Alpinestars Nucleon chest and back protection inserts available as accessory upgrade).
- Size-adjustable snap-button system to integrate the Level 2 CE certified Alpinestars Nucleon Back protector.
- External, large-opening front hand pockets are zippered for peace-of-mind closure.
- Multiple internal compartment pockets feature velcro for additional security.
- Interior waterproof wallet pocket for safe storage of documents/electronics.
- Waist connection zipper allows attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
- Premium YKK® zippers used throughout garment for durability.
- Reflective detailing for improved rider visibility.
Read on for more details.
This product is sold in European sizes. We measured a selection of these jackets and also tried them on our Fit Check mannequins. The overall sizing of the jackets is accurate to the Alpinestars sizing chart for overall chest size (US chest size in inches is 10 points less than the European jacket size). I’d suggest you measure yourself with a tape and get your chest size, and if you have a bit of a belly you can also check your max belly. If you know your suit coat size, that works too. Then you can use the size chart to pick the smallest size jacket that will be big enough for both your chest and belly using the chart below.
This is a sport cut jacket and fits close to the body. The taper from chest to waist is about 4” which is not as aggressive as a full-on race jacket (which can taper as much as 8” from chest to waist. With a “drop” of about 4”, the fit will be easier for those with an average to muscular build. But even if you are more trim, the jackets have well-functioning tabs at the waist so you can tailor the fit to your own waist size.
To also help with those that have a more broad chest, this model has a great deal of flexible fabric material in the underarm and behind the shoulders. And those stretch areas really do stretch a lot.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|
Sizing Tip for Those Using Upgraded Armor: Adding chest or back armor to this jacket will change the fit. To account for that, I’d advise you to add one inch to your chest measurement if you plan to add either the Nucleon KR-1i or 2i back protector. Add another inch if you want to add the chest protectors. If you plan to add the KR-R racing back protector, add 2” (instead of 1” for the KR-1i/2i back pads).
Our Two Cents
A superbly styled sport riding garment with premium leather and extensive stretch paneling, the GP Plus R V2 Airflow Jacket is brimming with protective and performance features. A multi-panel lining adds to the formidable comfort benefits of this jacket which can be attached to Alpinestars riding pants.