AGV Sport Compass Jacket (SOLD OUT)
- Constructed of waxed cotton canvas with extra soft and supple premium .09mm thick Buffalo Leather and four way elasticated fabric panels
- Fixed Micro Mesh Lining in the body of the jacket with silk lining in the sleeves to ensure a plush feel for the rider
- Double stitched key seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- Features a removable and washable zip in thermal insulating quilted vest liner
- Padded neoprene is used in the collar for maximum rider comfort
- Removable CE approved shoulder and elbow protectors. EN 1621-level 1
- 8mm thick memory foam back pad
- Collar & sleeve cuffs secured with gun metal finished snaps
- YKK zippers used throughout
- Front opening with #7 gun metal finished zipper and with #5 gun metal finished zippers used on cuffs & front pockets
- Two zip open vents at the front shoulders
- One large rear zip vent across the back
- Interior flap under main zipper reduces wind from entering the jacket
- Velcro secured straps used for adjustment on both sides of the jacket
- One exterior breast and two front hand warmer pockets with zipper closures
- Two interior pockets
-Ready for Forcefield Back Insert Size 001 (optional accessory)- The shape of the back pad in the production jacket does not allow the installation of Forcefield back pad upgrades.
Please Note: This jacket will not ship with a hanger, if that is a problem respond to your order confirmation before shipment and we will see if we can find a hanger to send with the jacket.
Check out these similar products:
W e did a size check using our Fit Test mannequins Huey and Dewey and found them to fit very well. We put a Medium on Huey and an XL on Dewey. We have some shots of the two jackets on our Fit Test mannequins and you can see how the jackets fit on them by taking the “View Larger Images” link above.
The jackets are sold in regular men’s “alpha” sizes, and I came up with a brief chart to show you our estimates of max chest and belly sizes for each. The overall cut is trim … I’d even call it “European”. Given the already trim cut, if you are between sizes, I’d advise choosing the larger, or if you prefer a more relaxed fit, then I’d advise one size bigger than you normally wear.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
The Compass jacket by AGV Sport is definitely a departure from the standard leather or textile style. The shell of this jacket is a combination of thinner and softer buffalo (the dark leather parts) and the other parts are a waxed cotton… now there’s a blast from the past! I’ve seen one other waxed cotton style by Speed and Strength this year and I think this is the second one for the season. For those not familiar, waxed cotton is an OLD technology born during wartime before synthetic materials. It was used for rain slickers to keep soldiers dry. Basically it is cotton material bathed in or otherwise treated with wax to give it the water repellent properties.
Anyway, I’m betting the “waxed cotton” material used in this jacket isn’t similar to the old traditional waxed cotton. It has a similar look and feels “waxy”, but when you look very closely, it looks too perfect to me. I bet it is some sort of synthetic equivalent, which really probably is better than the authentic. The main thing is, the look and feel are there.
Like other street sport jackets, this one has the usual set of armor… CE armor in the shoulders and elbows and a foam back pad (a thin one though).
The jacket comes with a removable vest thermal liner for use in cooler weather. And the jacket has a couple SMALL front shoulder zippered vents and a rear exhaust vent. These will move some air, but not a lot, so consider this jacket to be good for cooler to mild weather, but not hot weather.
Overall, I find this jacket style to be interesting and unique. To me it is fashionable and a departure from the MANY other similarly styled jackets we sell. I can’t really decide if it feels “retro” to me… I guess it certainly could be, or it could be great for just everyday use on or off the bike. :: Paul, 04-30-15