REVIT Sand 3 Gloves
- Outer shell: goatskin drum dyed, air stretch mesh, PWR | shell 500D stretch, connect finger tip leather, Automan stretch
- Lining: tri-fleece liner
- Composition: outer shell 1: 100% goat leather (63%), outer shell 2: 65% elastane, 35% polyamide (18%), lining: 100% polyester (100%)
- Protection: TPR flexible ventilated knuckles at fingers and knuckle, TPR finger knuckles, TPR palm slider, TPR thumb protector, Temperfoam® at wrist, PWR | shield knit at thumb, PWR | yarn
- Fit: tour fit
- Adjustability: adjustment tab at cuff
- Ventilation: ventilated TPR injected knuckles at fingers and knuckle, ventilation panels at fingers and back hand
- Features: outside stitching, elastic at wrist, grip patch, connect finger tips at index finger and thumb, short cuff
More info: This document explains some of the features and materials listed above. (Not all REV’IT! products have all the features or materials listed. Use your back button after viewing.)
Please Note: We can ship REV’IT! products to US, US territory or APO/FPO addresses only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
We find REVIT gloves run a bit on the snug side as compared to most US based brands. The fit is very similar to Alpinestars which also fit more snugly than other brands of gloves. The tendency to run small is not so noticeable that we’d advise you to buy one size larger, but if you are sometimes in between sizes, your best shot would be to choose larger. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
I always like to see something new and different and I really like these new Sand 3 gloves. The styling is very different than most short cuff gloves we carry. The mix of materials and the black mixed with the “sand” colors and with just a bit of red accent is pretty darn sharp.
The gloves are about the most heavy duty summer glove I can think of. Most of the back of the hand is vented. Certainly the meshy material around the molded rubber armor pieces is, but even the molded armor is vented! So on the back of the hand, where the air flow is most prominent from the wind blast, you’ll get nearly 100% flow.
The palm side of the glove is medium weight leather with just a few perfs, and the sides of the fingers have some vented stretchy material too. It’s a good mix of sturdy on the palm side with plenty of venting elsewhere.
The armor is very unique. It is completely flexible but is thick and sturdy at the same time. As as you can see, a good portion of the back of the hand is well armored and you’ll also see a small bit on the side of the pinky and a larger piece in the palm. The palm armor is backed by some energy absorbing material as well.
The gloves are lined which will make them more comfortable and they’ll have less tendency to bleed any color onto your skin like unlined gloves frequently do. And the gloves have conductive tips on the index finger and on the thumb so you can run your smart phone while gloved up.
Overall a VERY nice glove for those who want protection, but also want something that is breezy in hot weather. And you’ll get it in a very stylish package. :: Paul, 02-01-17