Motonation Apparel Rapita Textile Gloves
- Back is constructed of vented mesh textiles and Clarino synthetic leather
- Multi-layer Clarino synthetic leather reinforced palm for maximum abrasion resistance.
- Extra memory foam pad is positioned on the base of the palm.
- Resilient plastic mesh armor on the knuckles for extra protection.
- High tensile strength nylon thread stitching used throughout.
- Wrist strap for a snug fit.
- Touch screen material on top of fingers.
- Neoprene cuff with wrist strap for a snug fit.
- Soft and comfortable interior.
- High impact use areas are all double stitched.
Check out these similar products:
These gloves are consistent with the major American based brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, Joe Rocket, etc, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Just as an FYI, you may have previous experience with European designed brands such as Alpinestars and REV’IT! which run about one half size smaller, size-for-size, than the American brands. It is not a universally true fact, but generally holds for most styles. So if a particular size in either of those brands is roomy on you, then you may be able to go down one full size in this style. Go here to see the
Our Two Cents
The Rapita glove is a very nice short cuff glove that will be very comfortable in hot weather. These have better knuckle protection than many in expensive short cuff gloves like this. They look and feel nice!
About Motonation gear: Motonation is a US distributor of many brands of motorcycle apparel and accessories in the US. One of their top brands is Sidi boots. They WERE the distributor for AGV Sport gear for many years before AGV Sport exited the US market in 2017. For 2018 Motonation developed their own line of gear to fill that niche.
The back of the hand of this glove is part solid and part mesh type material so they will breath freely so consider these for hot weather use. The knuckle armor feels sturdy and the and the palm side is made of a man-made suede-like material. The palm area has two layers of leather and there is some integrated padding in the heel of the hand (the most often impacted area besides the knuckles).
You’ll be hard pressed to find a glove that has the features this one has at the very inexpensive price. The value here is very good. :: Paul, 06-12-18