Fly Racing Aurora II Glove
- Touch screen compatible
- Fully insulated cold weather glove
- Hipora® waterproof, windproof, breathable membrane keeps you dry and warm all day
- High grade genuine leather palm and finger tips for years of durability
- Additional leather strip between thumb and index finger provides reinforcement in high use-area of glove
- Extended neoprene cuff eliminates open exposed area between gloves and jacket
- Cinch cord cuff may be tightened around jacket sleeve for additional protection from the elements
- Wrist strap offers additional adjustment to ensure a custom fit
- Reflective safety piping offers additional visibility for oncoming riders in dusk and nighttime riding
- Bold design bundled with all these features help make this one of FLY Racing’s most technical cold weather gloves
- Great glove for snowmobiling and cold weather motorcycling
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
This Aurora II glove from Fly Racing is a bit more robust than other winter gloves in their line and they have a few more features you might find to be useful for motorcycling or snowmobiling. The shell of the glove is a mix of texile and leather materials and with the contrast stitching, they give a bit more technical and higher-end look.
The cuff design on the gloves is a bit unique. There is a snug fit neoprene cuff that is under the outer cuff. The idea being that you can put the inner cuff under your coat/jacket sleeve and put the outer cuff over the sleeve. And the outer cuff has a draw cord around the end so you can snug down that cuff over the sleeve. With all this in place, the likelihood of snow or rain or wind getting up your sleeve is very much reduced.
There is a bit of impact padding on the knucles and on the side of the wrist and on the tops of the first two fingers. And the leather on the palm is reinforced with A synthetic suede material that will add a bit of wear protection and improve the grip. The gloves are built with a waterproof breathable liner situated between the outer shell and inner fleecy lining. The brand name of the liner material is Hipora which is a brand we’ve seen in many brands of gloves. The insulation in the gloves, I’d regard as “medium” weight. I find the price on these gloves to be quite reasonable given the extended feature list. :: Paul, 09-29-17