Alpinestars SMX-1 R V2 Vented Boots
- Advanced microfiber main upper construction.
- Extensive perforations throughout provide maximum airflow.
- Soft TPR heel insert allows freedom of ankle movement.
- Ergonomic TPU shift pad.
- Angled closure strap follows the natural shape of the rider’s instep.
- Front Velcro® closure system, with reverse zip.
- Compound rubber sole with grip patterning.
- Instep and Achilles accordion flex zones.
- Thermowelded flex grooves control flexion and flexibility.
- Double-density ankle protector on both sides.
- Replaceable bi-injected TPU forefoot slider.
- External, high modulus TPU heel counter.
- Internal toe box protection.
- Removable anatomic footbed.
- Internal mesh lining provides cooling comfort.
Read on for more details.
The overall fit/size of this new style seems “true” to their published size chart (see below), so if you are comfortable with a certain size from previous boots, then choose the same size. I’d consider the width of the men’s sizes to be normal to slightly wide (D or E).
|Euro||Men’s US||Women’s US|
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars SMX-1R v2 Boots get a refresh for 2021, hightop style racing boot with great protection and freedom of movement.
These boots have the protection you would expect from Alpinestars: toe box protection, a heel counter, ankle protection, and a stiffened sole. These shoes are very comfortable, just like most Alpinestars. The closure strap gives a pop of color for style and also allows you to adjust the fit of the boot across the instep. The medial (inside) zipper makes it easy to put the boots on in full gear.
Available in standard and vented options, the Alpinestars SMX-1R v2 Boots are a great option for riders that want a sporty look but don’t need the track day protection of a Supertech R Boot. Comfortable, protective, and stylish, what more could you ask for? :: Mike, 10/7/21