Alpinestars Sektor Vented Shoes
- The upper is constructed from a microfiber which is superbly lightweight, durable and abrasion resistant
- Strategically positioned perforations for enhanced ventilation and comfort
- Inedited 3D dimensional ankle protection for improved fit and a lighter weight
- Original speed lace system derived from auto racing shoes for a personalized fit and feel
- Ankle strap provides secure closure and fits flush within upper ankle polymer protection panel to ensure streamlined finish
- Flex areas on heel and instep for an enhanced comfort while walking
- Strategically positioned metallic mesh vent for improved airflow
- Advanced 3D mesh offers ventilation and more comfort
- Internal protective toe box and heel counter are positioned under the microfiber outer chassis
- Extremely lightweight, specifically compounded, rubber sole provides textured grip, excellent absorption and features an integrated support shank for an enhanced sole rigidity
- Replaceable anatomical EVA footbed with lycra lining on top
- SEKTOR VENTED shoe is Cat 2 CE certified to 89/686/ECC EU directive
Read on for more details.
These shoes are sold in US men’s sizes. We find Alpinestars sport shoes like this one run run more snug and a bit shorter than the boots in their line. I think these run more like Nike sneakers, which generally run about one half to one size smaller than a standard street shoes.
My advice would be to buy one size larger than your standard street shoe size, or the same size as you wear in Nike. If you are between sizes, choose the larger.
Our Two Cents
The new Alpinestars Sektor shoes are a sharp low profile riding shoe. They offer light weight construction and they are offered in three versions: standard, WP (waterproof) or vented.
The soles on these shoes are a low profile design. The way the upper wraps down around the outside of the sole makes them look super thin (kind of like Puma brand sneakers), but there is a bit of thickness and then an insole as well, so they’ll be more comfortable than you might otherwise guess just by looking at them. They definitely have a sport style and I think they are sharp.
The uppers are microfiber material which is the most common material used in motorcycle boots these days. Microfiber is more abrasion resistant than leather and overall more durable. Also, using microfiber allows for the more fancy textures and embossing you see on these shoes. On the inside area of the ankle you can see a large area of embossing to create a “grip” surface.
The neck of these shoes is cut low in the back so they are easy to walk in and it also makes them easier to put on and take off.
These shoes have only moderate protection features. The heel and toe areas have stiffening materials built in and there is an embedded ankle protector on the inside ankle only. The outside ankle is covered with an external rubber piece. They are more protective than sneakers, but not as protective as a quality riding boot.
The Sektor is offered in three versions. We sell each version on a separate product page. Check at the bottom of this page for links to the other two versions. The vented version has holes punched in the microfiber so they’ll be best for hot weather use. And the WP version has an internal waterproof lining so they won’t leak in wet weather. But keep in mind this is a short shoe, so expect to get water over the top of the shoe if riding in significant rain. The WP version is only $10 more so if you think it might be helpful, why not? The WP version has reflective eyelets to help with visibility for night (or inclement weather) conditions. Check the close up pictures on each product pages to pick out the differences in the three types. :: Paul, 09-12-18