Klim Badlands Pro Pant
The Badlands Pro Pant is the most complete long-distance adventure travel pant available. Now redesigned with improvements across the board, with more optimized fabric layouts, more ventilation, more functional storage, better fit and more mobility. Durable Superfabric® ceramic print overlays and Cordura® fabrics handle abrasion, while inner panels that experience less wear are lightened for reduced bulk. Custom KLIM D3O® Aero Pro pads offer best-in-class impact coverage. Badlands Pro – the most trusted name in ADV.Features:
- GORE-TEX 3-LAYER PRO SHELL
- GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY™
- CUSTOM-ENGINEERED VARIABLE-DENSITY SUPERFABRIC® ON KNEES • HIGHLY ABRASION RESISTANT 630D KARBONITE™ RIPSTOP PANELS IN KEY IMPACT AND WEAR AREAS
- OPTIMIZED 400D AND 200D FABRIC LAYOUTS IN MAIN BODY AND MEDIUM ABRASION AREAS
- 630D CORDURA® TWISTED YARN ON CHEST AND CARGO POCKETS
- LEATHER ON INNER KNEES FOR GRIP/PROTECTION
- 3M™ SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE MATERIAL
- BIOMOTION RECOGNITION
- YKK® VISLON® WATER RESISTANT ZIPPERS
- CE AA RATING CERTIFIED TO EN 17092-3
- KLIM AERO PRO D3O® CE LEVEL 2 VENTED HIP ARMOR
- KLIM AERO PRO D3O® CE LEVEL 2 VENTED ADJUSTABLE KNEE ARMOR
- LIMB- AND SIDE-SPECIFIC PADS FOR OPTIMIZED COVERAGE AND STABILITY DURING CRASH
- 2 THIGH INTAKE VENTS
- 2 THIGH EXHAUST VENTS
- 2 LOWER LEG SIDE VENTS
- 2 THIGH BILLOWED CARGO POCKETS
- INTERNAL ORGANIZER COMPARTMENTS IN LEFT HAND POCKET
- EXTERNAL MOLLE-COMPATIBLE THIGH UTILITY PANEL
- ARTICULATED SEAMLESS CROTCH GUSSET FOR MOBILITY
- KLIMATEK™ COOLING MESH ARMOR PAD POCKETS AND BACK OF KNEE
- MOISTURE-WICKING POLYGIENE ANTI-ODOR LINER
- VELCRO ADJUSTABLE WAIST STRAPS
- 2 QUICK-ADJUST KNEE STRAPS
- ZIPPER + SNAP ADJUSTABLE BOTTOM HEM
- JACKET-PANT ZIP CONNECTION
- FITS OVER OFF-ROAD BOOTS
- WATERPROOF FRONT ZIPPER GUSSET
- RIDER POSITION ARTICULATION”
I measured a selection of these pants and found the waist size of the pants to measure out consistently at 2” larger than the stated size. Most men’s jeans will be sized this way these days…. it’s called vanity sizing. We recommend you measure your waist or the waistband of your favorite jeans to see what size pants you need. The waist sizes for each pant size can be adjusted down by 2 to 3 inches with the side waist adjusters.
Inseam on the regular size pants is about 33” and inseam on the tall size pants is about 35”.
Here is a chart I put together to show you how each pant size measures out so you can select the size based upon what you come up with when you measure yourself.
|Max Waist Size
Our Two Cents
These new Badlands Pro pants for 2018 are the perfect mate the to the Badlands jacket. They are the most “beefy” Klim pants we’ve sold to date. Take one of the lower priced pants and add heavier materials, bigger/better armor and a bulletproof waterproof design and you’ve got the new Badlands Pro.
Here’s the short selling line from Klim: Designed for the toughest Adventure Riders who overcome the harshest elements. Developed to master continuous abuse from hardened World Travelers. Introducing the next generation of the Badlands Pro. The most trusted name in ADV. Get your man card out, you’re gonna need itTOP 3 BENEFITS:
- WORLD-CLASS DURABILITY AND FUNCTIONALITY ON THE LONGEST ADVENTURES
- KEEPS YOU DRY AND COMFORTABLE IN GLOBALLY DIVERSE CLIMATES
- CUSTOM-BUILT KLIM®/D3O® AERO PRO ARMOR RAISES THE STANDARD IN ADV PROTECTION
The shell material used in these pants is made with Gore-Tex fused to the back side which makes the pants waterproof but breathable. There are no separate layers or liners to make them that way. Inside, the pants are lined with softer nylon material for comfort. And on this pant, there is an additional layer of slide protection on the knees… the Superfabric. Superfabric is the most abrasion resistant material we see in the motorcycle apparel world. It is flexible and thick but its layered in thousands of tiny “nubs” (for lack of a better word”) which gives a finish that is low friction but VERY tough. This fabric will hold up to prolonged sliding, and being a lower friction surface will promote sliding rather than tumbling which is the idea behind other gear where we sell this material such as palm sliders on race gloves. Anyway, the takeaway is that the rugged shell material along with the Superfabric makes this pant just as tough as the jacket.
The armor package here is very robust. All the armor is D3O, but its the new Aero Pro version. Its noticeably large than the “standard” D3O we are used to seeing in other gear and it has larger holes for air to pass through. All of it is THICK and CE level 2 rated. You get two knees, two hips and even a pad over the tailbone. Have a look at our photo gallery. We’ve removed the armor so we could show it to you. There is nothing else to buy.
Like the mating jacket, this pair of pants has LARGE zippered vents in front that open up directly to the inside, so wind can enter directly to your body. In back, there are a couple exhaust vents. With the excellent venting setup, these pants should work for nearly all weather conditions provided you layer underneath appropriately.
The pants are adjustable not only in the waist, but also behind the knee and around the leg end (to adjust for different types of boots). The overall fit of these pants is relaxed, so getting a fit shouldn’t be a big issue for most. The pants have a zip on the waist band in back to connect to a Klim jackets. If you want the whole package, put these pants on along with the jacket and you’ll have it! :: Paul, 01-26-18