Klim Adventure Rally Jacket
The all-new Adventure Rally Jacket from KLIM® enjoys fourth-generation technology to bring you the ultimate global riding experience. Perfected in material, design and construction to be the one garment that can take you anywhere, from around-the-world trips to the brutal Dakar Rally.
The Adventure Rally Jacket. The only GORE-TEX® jacket in the industry designed and built entirely around a fully adjustable upper and lower harness. It literally lets the jacket float on your body.The Adventure Rally Jacket prepares you for anything Mother Nature can throw your way. Truly the pinnacle of jackets.EXTERIOR FEATURES
- ALL OUTER MATERIAL IS GORE-TEX® 3-LAYER PRO SHELL ARMACOR FOR WATERPROOF AND OUTSTANDING ABRASION AND TEAR RESISTANCE
- GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
- STRETCH PANELS AT SHOULDERS FOR FULL RANGE OF MOTION
- LARGE SUPERFABRIC® SLIDE ZONES ON SHOULDERS AND ELBOWS
- 3M™ SCOTCHLITE™ INDUSTRIAL GRADE REFLECTIVE MATERIAL PLACEMENT ENGINEERED ON TORSO, AND ARMS FOR MAXIMUM LOW-LIGHT AND DARK CONDITIONS VISIBILITYINTEGRATED ARMOR SYSTEMS
- D3O® XERGO SHOULDER AND ELBOW PIECES (MEET AND EXCEED NEWEST PROPOSED CE LEVEL 2 LIMB PROTECTOR STANDARDS [PREN1621-1:2011])
- D3O® VIPER PRO – LEVEL 2 BACK PIECE (EXCEEDS LEVEL 2 IMPACT PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR CE CERTIFICATION EN1621-2 TESTING)
- FULLY VENTILATED SILICONE BASED INTEGRATED CHEST COVERAGE
- CARGO, HYDRATION, COMFORT AND SUPPORT SYSTEMS
- 10 EXTERNAL POCKETS: 2 UPPER CHEST, 4 LOWER CENTER FRONT, 2 SIDE QUICK-ACCESS TOOL POCKETS, REAR CENTER BACK POUCH, LEFT CHEST SPOT POCKET.
- 1 SEAM-SEALED WATERPROOF, REMOVABLE ROLL TOP “DRY BAG” FOR DELICATES/ELECTRONICS/WALLET, ETC.
- 3 INTERNAL POCKETS: 2 INNER CHEST POCKETS AND 1 HIDDEN (PASSPORT) POCKET
- EXTERNAL HYDRATION SYSTEM POCKET AND INTERNAL ROUTING OPTIONS (3 LITER. HYDRAPAK® RESERVOIR INCLUDED)
- KLIM ID / EMERGENCY ID POCKET ON LEFT FOREARM (REGISTER YOUR JACKET ONLINE TO BUILD YOUR CUSTOM ID CARD)
- VERTICALLY ADJUSTABLE/REMOVABLE KIDNEY BELT PROVIDES SUPPORT AND STABILITY
- MOISTURE WICKING MESH INTERNAL LINER
- WATERPROOF, LEATT BRACE-COMPATIBLE COLLAR SYSTEM GIVES YOU COMFORTABLE OPTIONS FOR YOUR RIDING PREFERENCE. THREE COLLAR FIT OPTIONS: NON-LEATT WATERPROOF WITH COMFORTABLE MICRO-FLEECE LINING, OVER-THE-LEATT WATERPROOF AND NO-COLLAR FOR MAXIMUM AIRFLOW
- BICEP AND FOREARM SLEEVE ADJUSTMENT STRAPS
- EXTERNAL WAIST BELT WITH DAISY CHAIN
- FULL CIRCUMFERENCE JACKET-TO-PANTS ZIP
- VELCRO® BRAND FASTENER ADJUSTABLE WRIST CLOSURES
- ZIPPERED WRIST EXPANSION GUSSET
- HEAVY DUTY YKK® ZIPPERS USED THROUGHOUT, HIGHLY WATER RESISTANT VERSIONS IN EXPOSED AREAS
- BOTTOM HEM SHOCK CORD
- FOUR ZIPPERED ARM INTAKE VENTS: 2 BICEP, 2 FOREARM
- TWO UPPER TORSO/PIT INTAKE VENTS
- TWO LARGE VERTICAL BACK EXHAUST VENTS
External cargo-style pockets on all KLIM® outerwear are water resistant. Due to the nature of the billowed design. Please protect your valuables and electronics by placing them inside fully-protected, fully-waterproof internal pockets.
The chest sizes listed in the chart below are from Klim’s chart and I’ve double checked the actual jackets against the chart and it is accurate. But be careful… while the size Large is exactly what you’d expect with a 44” max chest, the smaller sizes are a bit smaller than normal and the bigger sizes are bigger than normal. For example, a men’s size Medium usually is styled with a 42” max chest and Klim’s medium is a 40” max chest. Same goes for larger sizes… an XXL is typically a 48” max chest, but Klim’s is a 52” max chest.
Given the variation from “normal” for smaller and larger sizes, I’d highly recommend you measure yourself and/or measure a jacket that fits you well (take the link below on how to do that). Then choose a jacket that is big enough for your chest.
This jacket is geared toward more off road use than on road, so the cut is just slightly different. I find the body to be just a bit more roomy than their other jacket styles. I found the belly area in the jackets to be the same max dimension as the chest.
Overall sleeve and torso lengths are generous and will work for most average height or taller riders. Those of shorter stature may find the sleeve and torso lengths to be longer than ideal.
|Jacket Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
Klim offers two jacket and two pant versions of the Adventure Rally jacket/pants. The standard Adventure Rally and Adventure Rally pants are a solid textile design. They are highly vented with numerous zip vents and they are waterproof with bonded Gore Tex shells. These products will be very close to a four-season system. In the heat of summer though, they’ll get a bit toasty.
The Adventure Rally Air jacket and pants are made with a mostly-mesh frame that allows LOTS of air flow and this design will shine in the hottest summer months. By themselves, they aren’t waterproof, but the Klim Gore-Tex Rain jackets and pants can be purchased to wear over for waterproofing.
The overall choice whether to opt for the Adventure rally or Adventure Rally Air comes down to the climate you most anticipate riding in. The standard jacket will take you through 80% of the climates in the world, but for those that will do some extreme hot temp riding, opt for the Rally Air.
We’ve gone through the Adventure Rally jacket in pants in our own studio and we’ll put together our standard photo gallery on each. We were not able to do the same for the Air versions, but MANY of the features are similar such as the armor system.
The feature list on this jacket is just insanely detailed and long. In addition to that, we offer the detailed photos so you can see the features close up and we offer the spec list from Klim that lays out all the features.
Let me say that these jackets and pants are something really specialized… these offer the most complete armor systems of any jackets and pants we sell—period. All the armor is CE level 2 from D3O and further the shoulder and elbows armor are custom designed for Klim from D3O. They are more beefy and larger than the standard level 2 armor we sell by a good margin.
The shell materials are also well beyond anything else we sell. The base shell is bonded GoreTex (in the non-air version) which heavy duty in itself, but beyond that, the shoulders and elbows (and knees of the pants) in both versions are heavily over-layed and reinforced with Superfabric which resists abrasion, wears and slides better than any fabric used in motorcycle apparel today.
The extraordinary protection of the armor in the Adventure Rally jacket weighs in at 9.5lbs (for a size Large jacket). To help distribute that weight, the jacket has a set of internal straps and a built in kidney belt to help spread that weight out over your body evenly. (see the interior shot in the photo gallery). The pants are heavy duty as well, but not as radically different (or physically heavy) as the jacket. One of the suspender options wouldn’t be a bad idea to help support the weight.
Links to all the products in the Adventure Rally family along with suspender options and Gore-Tex rain suit for the Air jacket and pants are all listed at the bottom of each product page, so use those links to see the official feature lists and our sizing advice for each product. Photo sets are available for the non-air jacket and pants. :: Paul, 02-05-18