Alpinestars Andes V3 Drystar Jacket
Designed using Alpinestars exclusive Drystar® construction, the Andes v3 Drystar® Jacket offers 100% waterproofing and high levels of breathability, even in difficult riding conditions. The technically advanced construction of this jacket offers protection and abrasion resistance and is adaptable to all weather conditions.
- Waterproof Drystar breathable membrane
- Advanced abrasion resistant polyfabric textile construction and reinforcement
- Alpinestars Tech-Air 5 airbag system compatible (sold separately)
- Removable long-sleeve thermal liner
- Direct ventilation system (DVS) zippered chest air intakes and back exhaust ports
- Removable elbow and shoulder impact protectors included
- Compatible with Nucleon chest and back inserts (sold separately)
- Reinforced polymer-printed texturing in critical elbow and lower arm areas for enhanced abrasion resistance
- Reflective details for improved rider safety
- Front waterproof cargo pockets
- Large, external stash pocket on lower back
- Waterproof interior wallet pocket
- Integrated soft edge collar
- 3D mesh internal lining
- Premium YKK zippers
- Pre-contoured sleeves with accordion stretch panels on elbows
- Hook and loop waist adjustment belt
- Shock cord adjustment on hem
- Jacket to pants connection zipper
- CE Cat II PPE Regulation prEN17092 – A class safety certification
Read on for more details.
These jackets are sold in US based “alpha” sizes, so selecting a size is basically pretty easy. The size Medium and XL jackets fit Huey and Dewey, our Fit Check mannequins very nicely! Also, we checked several sizes with a tape. We found the sizing to be comparable to standard men’s clothing sizes. So our primary advice would be to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing.
Alpinestars publishes a super-complicated size chart which can be used to pick a size based upon your chest and waist. We’ve condensed their chart down to make it easy to read (see below). You can use this size chart to check your own measurements against the size chart to make sure the size you select will work. Choose a size that is big enough for both your chest and belly.
The max waist of a jacket style like this is only a couple inches smaller than the max chest, but on the sides of the torso are two very effective Velcro adjuster straps to make the jacket fit almost any size belly (up to the max of course).
|Jacket Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|