Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.1 Gloves
- Goatskin leather chassis with breathable Free Air™ mesh panels on the backhand
- Injection molded TPU knuckle armor with integrated, high-velocity vent intakes
- Additional high density 3mm padding on the fingers
- Contoured goatskin palm with 3mm padded heel
- Double stitched Chamude palm overlay
- Perforated goatskin leather fingers with integrated Full Flex™ stretch panels for maximum mobility
- SmartTouch™ conductive material on index fingers for instant mobile friendly, touchscreen access
- Ergonomic, pre-curved, ride-friendly design
- Combined leather and neoprene short profile cuff with hook-and-loop closure and integrated TPR pull tab
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
For nearly 20 years, the Phoenix line of gear from Joe Rocket has been on my list of “best value” products. The Phoenix 5.1 are a minor upgrade of the Phoenix 4 gloves from several years ago.
This new 5.1 glove add touch compatibility for use with your cell phone, and keeps the major features from previous versions. The palm of the glove is leather for good abrasion resistance as well as providing good feedback from the controls. There are overlays of man-made suede to add some wear capability and to improve grip. There is just a slight bit of padding under the overlay in the heel of the hand.
The upper part of this glove is made of a combination of Free-Air™ mesh and perforated leather over the fingers, which means these gloves will be quite comfortable in warmer temps. A molded knuckle protector feels sturdy and looks good too.
These gloves will be great for hot weather use and compared to many short cuff, hot weather gloves, these feel more substantial than most. And they are value priced as well. :: Paul, 10-019-18
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
am 5'10" tall, 200 lbs; 44 inch chest, 36 inch waist.I love, love, love the Phoenix Ion Summit Jacket and gloves combo. It is my go to summer riding outfit for extremely hot days. I pair these with the Phoenix Ion Pants for the perfect hot weat... (Read more...)