Alpinestars SMX-1 Air V2 Gloves
- Full premium leather main and mesh chassis construction, plus strategic perforation zones and air mesh for improved breathability.
- Synthetic suede zones and side padding reinforcement for durability, additional abrasion resistance and comfort.
- Hard polymer knuckle protection system for superior impact and abrasion resistance.
- Stretch zone on fingers and backhand for comfort and improved range of hand movement.
- This garment is CE certified Level 1
- Hoop and loop grip wrist closure helps keep glove securely positioned.
- Ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement.
- Integrated padding on fingers helps fit and comfort.
- Advanced poly-blend reinforcements with foam padding on thumb and palm for superior.
- Touchscreen compatible fingertip for use with smartphones and GPS systems.
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
Alpinestars SMX-1 Air V2 gloves are a new version for 2019 of a long line of gloves by the same name. This is a summer version street glove with better than most protection. They’ll move tons of air so they will comfortable in hot weather.
The back side of the hand and the thumb on these gloves is dominated by panels of flow through mesh material, so these will be great in mild to hot weather conditions. The palm side of the glove is leather with synthetic suede overlays for grip and longer life.
The knuckle setup on these gloves is the “old school” molded carbon material. I still like the looks of this type of knuckle armor and it is really tough too. The side of the hand and pinkie have some ribbed synthetic suede material to beef things up in that area too.
For a relatively inexpensive price, I think these gloves give a true sport style and pretty good protection capabilities. They’ve been a popular style for many years. Like other Alpinestars gloves, the build quality and materials are excellent.
These gloves are available for men or women. Take the link below to see the women’s version. :: Paul, 03-28-19
Alpinestars says: With a newly evolved chassis featuring a new cuff closure, padded fingers, accordion stretch inserts, the CE certified road riding SMX-1 AIR v2 Glove the is fully featured for road riding. With perforated leather and air-mesh the lightweight has an evolved styling design for improved comfort and an innovative grip zone on palm and thumb for greater sensitivity on the bike’s controls the SMX-1 AIR v2 Glove is ideal for street and urban use.