Alpinestars Crazy 8 Gloves
- Full premium leather construction for comfort and performance
- Side padding reinforcement backed with foam
- Advanced foam 5mm padding on knuckle
- Accordion leather inserts on fingers and large insert on backhand for improved comfort and flexibility
- Backhand hook and loop wrist closure system
- Alpinestars ergonomic stretch insert between palm and thumb
- Thumb and palm reinforcement for a superior grip made from advanced poly blend
- Touchscreen compatible fingertip
- Heritage-inspired look with laser printed logos
- Localized perforation for improved cooling where it is needed most
- Rich vintage styling
- CE certified level 1
Read on for more details.
We normally advise that Alpinestars run “normal” but a bit on the snug side, but these gloves are running unusually small, even for Alpinestars. I’d say they run about one size or even a size and a half smaller than other gloves. I’d recommend you buy one size larger than you normally choose based on your experience with glove brands like Joe Rocket, other Cortech/Tour Master, etc. And if you are sometimes between sizes, choose the larger after going up one size. Example, if you normally wear Med, get a Large. If you are normally a Med or Large, get an XL.
Our Two Cents
The new Alpinestars Crazy 8 gloves offer an “all purpose” design for any type of street rider with retro styling and distressed leather.
The styling of these gloves is a great “all genre” style. They’d look good on a street sport bike as well as a cruiser, and of course on any sort of retro style, such as a Scrambler or Bonneville (or similar). Both the black and brown gloves use a distressed leather finish that add visual age to the styling. The brown points more to the vintage crowd but the black is universal.
These gloves are made of medium weight leather and are lined with a soft tricot nylon material. They are neither insulated and largely un-vented, so consider these for the “mild” months of year. They’d probably do OK in warm weather, but probably not so great in really hot weather. Be sure and heed the sizing advice above… they run a bit snug! :: Paul, 06-27-18