Alpinestars Celer V2 Leather Gloves
- Durable, multi-panel main shell construction incorporating a supple full-grain goat leather for high levels of comfort, abrasion resistance and breathability.
- Alpinestars race-proven hard PU knuckle protection system for superior impact and abrasion resistance.
- Leather palm construction incorporates padding reinforcements on landing zone for excellent durability and comfort.
- Highly durable advance poly-fabric reinforcements on side of hand, pinky and ring finger, forming a finger bridge to prevent finger roll and separation during impacts.
- Perforated leather on backhand for cooling performance.
- This garment is CE certified Level 1.
- Short cuff design with hook and loop grip closure for convenience.
- Open knuckle gusset for improve levels of breathability and hand flexibility.
- Ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement.
- Stretch accordions on fingers and thumb to increase flexibility and fit.
- Touchscreen compatibility on index and thumb tips for use with smartphones and GPS systems.
- Clean and elegant styling for distinctive look.
Read on for more details.
Like most Alpinestars gloves, these gloves ran a bit smaller than most glove brands we carry. They are not a lot small and most people can choose the size they normally wear in gloves (especially if a snug fit is preferred). If you are sometimes between sizes, then choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Celer V2 is an update of the original Celer from 2014. This glove is an outstanding value for under $100. Its a short cuff design so its practical for everyday riding, but has features found on more robust racing gloves.
The main material used in this glove is goat skin, which is an industry favorite for gloves. It’s thin but strong and work well with perspiration from the hand. There are a few man-made pieces such as the protective strip down the outside of the pinkie side of the hand and also overlay in the palm. The inside of the glove is nicely lined with nylon for comfort.
The key protective pieces here are the one piece knuckle armor piece and the dense foam protector at the heel of the hand. Some gloves with have a hard slider in the heel of the hand, but the dense foam is comfortable and should give pretty good impact protection if needed.
Most of the glove is perforated so these will work well in warmer weather. Spring, summer and fall will be the best times. They might get toasty on the hottest summer days and they won’t do so well in cold temps.
The wrist closes with a simple Velcro close strap. These gloves also have the third/fourth finger bridge found on most Alpinestars gloves these days. The bridge helps hold the pinkie close to the ring finger which is more sturdy and therefore cuts down on the potential for injury to the delicate smaller pinkie. :: Paul, 09-21-18
Alpinestars says: The CE certified Celer v2 Leather Glove is a durable short cuff road riding glove primed for urban performance. Incorporating a newly evolved design with increased stretch insert and perforations, as well as hard knuckle protection, the Celer v2’s premium multi-material chassis offers high levels of fit, comfort and protective capabilities.