Alpinestars SP-8 Air V3 Glove
- New construction for reduced seams and enhanced rider comfort.
- Premium, full-grain goat and synthetic leather construction is comfortable, durable and offers excellent abrasion resistance.
- Extensive perforations and mesh paneling on top hand deliver exceptional levels of airflow and breathability.
- Excellent repeated impact performance is offered by the advanced MotoGP-derived SP dual density knuckle protector.
- Extended cuff for enhanced coverage with an integrated closure for security and ease of use.
- According to European statutory law the CE mark is a conformity requirement for the marketing of this product. The following standards apply to this product: EN 13594 2015, Level 1 KP.
- Alpinestars’ patented third and fourth finger bridge prevents seam failure and finger separation in the event of a slide.
- Perforated cuff and finger sidewalls for superior breathability and airflow.
- Hook and loop cuff and wrist closure with an elasticized wrist design for secure, personalized fit.
- Pre-shaped, anatomical finger design and half inner/half outer external seams for comfort and exceptional feel.
- Touchscreen compatible fingertip on index finger and thumb for use with touchscreen devices.
- An innovative microfiber and PU grip insert is strategically positioned on the palm and thumb for excellent levels of grip control and durability.
- Alpinestars’ exclusive ergonomic stretch insert between the palm and thumb offers an enhanced range of hand movement and greater sensitivity while operating the bike controls.
Like most Alpinestars gloves, these gloves run a bit smaller than most glove brands we carry. They are not a lot small and most people can choose the size they normally wear in gloves (especially if a snug fit is preferred). If you are sometimes between sizes, then choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The SP-8 Air Gloves are new for 2021 and are a slightly more breathable version of the “v3” version. I’d encourage you to check out the V3 version as well. This glove has a few panels on the back of the hand with flow through material, so it will be favored by those who plan on riding in the warmest weather. Value is a key feature of this glove since it is a full gauntlet design for sport/street or amateur racing for under a hundred bucks.
Just like the V3 version, there are a number of key features offered in this glove which are: 1) a small Velcro close tab at the wrist to secure the gloves on your hand in case of a fall; 2) a sturdy molded knuckle armor unit with nice padding on the back side for comfort; 3) A longer gauntlet with Velcro adjustment for size to work with various jacket sleeve designs (over or under); 4) Extra padding in the heel of the hand with with an overlay of suede material; 5) connection between the pinkie and the fourth finger to help reduce injury to the pinkie.
Overall, a very nice glove and a great value. Only one color choice is offered. :: Paul, 08-03-21
Alpinestars says: A universal riding glove bristling with racing DNA, the SP-8 Air Leather Glove is constructed from strategically perforated full grain goat leather and synthetic leather with a 3D mesh top hand for high levels of cooling airflow; perfect for warm weather riding. The SP-8 Air Leather Glove delivers high levels of protection thanks to its advanced MotoGP-derived SP dual density floating knuckle. With a pre-shaped finger construction, a hook and loop cuff closure and a new anatomically profiled grip insert on palm and thumb, this glove affords a secure and highly personalized performance riding fit and high levels of movement and comfort.