Alpinestars GP Plus R V2 Gloves
- Localized perforations on palm and backhand, plus ventilated finger fourchettes keep the hands cool
- Ergonomically engineered leather reinforcements on the palm and outer hand landing zones provide maximum abrasion resistance in key impact zones
- Alpinestars developed ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement
- Protective double cuff closure wraps around wrist, raising the entire profile of the glove to protect the wrist bone from impact in a crash
- Dual cuff closure for a secure fit and precision adjustment
- Stretch leather accordions on fingers and thumb for superior fit and flexibility
- Innovative multi-panel leather construction that is ergonomically profiled for performance
- Dynamic Friction Shield (DFS) protectors feature advanced airflow ventilation and a dual density polymer mold construction for superior performance against repeat impacts as well as abrasion resistance
- Internal aramidic fiber hand and thumb reinforcement, plus an aramidic fiber layer around little finger gives excellent abrasion resistance
Read on for more details.
Normally, the fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next and overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. However this style fits extremely tight in the fingers due to an odd armor choice from Alpinestars so we do NOT recommend that you buy this glove.
If you insist, you will probably need a larger size. If you are sometimes between sizes, then you should choose the larger of the two. Hopefully, you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars GP Plus R v2 gloves are full leather racing style gauntlet gloves.
This new style from Alpinestars is meant for aggressive sport riders and has the protection to prove it. One call out on this is the new protectors on the fingers near the tip. These armor pieces change the fit of the glove and press the finger into the palm side of the glove in what I would call an uncomfortable way. The fingers haven’t been resized to account for the pressure and room the protectors take up so they are too tight for comfort and as a result, you might need to size up in the glove.
Other than the odd finger fit the gloves feel great and offer all the protection you would expect from an Alpinestars track style glove: knuckle protection, pinky bridge, palm slider, and several Dynamic Friction Shield protectors in key areas like the cuff, palm, and fingers. A dual cuff closure system means you can get a well adjusted, snug fit. The index fingers have connective material and they seem to work well on both Apple and Android devices here at the shop, though it is odd they did not put the same material on the thumbs. These gloves do feature some perforations on the palm and back of the hand so they should perform well on warm to hot days.
Due to the weird armor on the fingers of these gloves, we do not recommend them, you can get a much more comfortable glove at this price point that won’t cause your fingers to go numb. :: Mike, 12-17-21