Alpinestars Honda SMX-Z Drystar Gloves
- Constructed from a supple and highly durable full-grain goat leather chassis to provide core abrasion resistance and durability.
- Incorporates Alpinestars 100% waterproof Drystar® performance membrane construction technology, thereby affording a highly reduced material chassis to promote dexterity and sensitivity of bike controls.
- Stretch back hand and stretch inserts for an optimal fit.
- Hard knuckle provides class-leading impact and abrasion protection.
- Suede side hand reinforcements for additional strength.
- Palm reinforcements for a superior grip.Rolling palm construction on pinky for additional abrasion resistance.
- Touchscreen compatible fingertip area on index and thumb for use with smartphones and GPS systems.
- CE Level 1 KP — EN 13594 2015.
Read on for more details.
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars SMX-Z Drystar gloves are a sport inspired short cuff glove for sport and commuter riders.
The hard knuckle protector has a carbon fiber look. On the Honda version (see related products below) you get a red or blue leather overlay on the back of the hand that is solid black on the regular version, and there is also a Honda logo near the cuff. Otherwise the gloves are identical, with a goat leather construction combined with textile on the fingers for flexibility. The palms are leather with a suede overlay in the heel of the hand and up to the base of the pinky. There is also a texture overlay in the palm for extra control dexterity in any conditions.
The cuff closes with a single hook and loop strap over the top. The Drystar liner will keep your hands dry in wet weather while still allowing some air to flow through for breathability. The index and thumbs have touchscreen material that works well on iPhone and Android devices.
The short cuff style of the Alpinestars SMX-Z Drystar gloves will work for most riders in warm to cold weather and is intended to tuck under the sleeve of the jacket in inclement weather. :: Mike, 08/17/2022