Alpinestars Atem v3 One-Piece Leather Suit (Sold Out)
- Extremely durable 1.3 mm leather construction with flexible leather accordion panels on the lumbar area, back, knees and elbows for superb comfort and performance fit and ease of movement on the bike.
- Features Alpinestars Hyper-Res Stretch Fiber (HRSF) stretch inserts on crotch, back and underarms for excellent fit and movement.
- Strategically placed perforation panels on upper and lower body for improved ventilation and internal airflow.
- Fully CE-certified garment. Certification includes all materials, construction and protectors, which have been independently tested and assessed to meet CE standard performance requirements.
- Class-leading protective capabilities – internally and externally – with:
- Removable CE-certified, race-developed GP-R internal protectors offering lightweight performance and superior impact protection to shoulders, elbows, knees, tibia and shins.
- Alpinestars’ new, exclusively developed shoulder GP Dynamic Fiction Shield (GP DFS) protector, which is anatomically contoured and incorporates a triple density polymer compound for improved performance in crash slides. The GP DFS protection is ergonomically designed for improved upper body flexibility and features over-injected mesh air inlets for excellent airflow.
- Innovative new elbow slider is anatomically contoured and incorporates a triple-density polymer compound for improved performance in crash slides. The elbow slider features a removable and replaceable screw-mounted insert slider for unsurpassed friction management.
- Dynamic Fiction Shield (DFS) knee protection and GP knee sliders offer additional abrasion resistance in a key impact area.
- Chest and back pad compartments with advanced poly-foam padding (CE certified Nucleon chest and back inserts available as accessory upgrade).
- Snap connections allow integration of CE level 2 certified Nucleon Race Back Protector for critical spinal protection.
- Garment comes supplied with anatomically profiled and removable CE Nucleon hip protection.
- Ergonomically engineered ‘Arshield’ reinforcements, consisting of aramid fiber and polyamide, strategically positioned on sleeve and knee for critical seam reinforcement.
- MotoGP-profiled, aerodynamic back-hump is ventilated and improves suit cooling performance.
- Neoprene-edged collar and cuffs prevents chafing and improves comfort.
- Interior leg and cuffs feature taslon fiber closures to keep suit firmly situated on body.
- Reinforced inner arm and leg cuff adjustments with hook and loop grip closure for durability.
- Removable multi-panel lining and new, redesigned 3D mesh inserts to improve comfort and ventilation.
- Zippered calf expansion gusset improves range of fit and riding comfort.
- Inner waterproof pocket for safe storage of documents.
Check out these similar products:
Alpinestars suits are offered in European sizes, Choosing a suit depends primarily upon three measurements; chest size, belly size and height. Race suits are cut with a very trim fit which is designed to fit skin tight over underwear or very light clothing. With most suits, the protection (back, chest and/or air bag) is optional and, when installed in the suit, will make them fit smaller, so you’ll want to think about the optional armor before selecting a size.
To select a size in a race suit, we highly recommend you measure your chest and belly with a tape (it is easier if you ask a friend to help). If you need some measuring help, take the link below for detailed instructions. Once you know your chest and belly measurements, you’ll want to choose a size from the chart that will be big enough for both. Before selection, you’ll need to add to your measurements for the addition of optional armor. Generally speaking, we recommend adding 1” to your chest and belly if you plan to add a back protector, and add an additional 1” to your chest for the addition of chest armor (if the suit is equipped to accommodate Alpinestar’s air bag system and you plan to install the air bag instead of armor, we suggest adding 1” to your chest and 1” to your belly).
Unlike separate jackets and pants, the fit of a suit is highly dependent upon your height. And since the fit of both the pants and the upper part of the suit are determined by the single size you choose, it’s pretty important that your height fall within the recommended range. To compensate for being too tall or too short for your ideal size, you can up-size or downsize to some degree, but you’ll be compromising the fit in other areas. Some riders who are much too tall or too short for standard sizing often opt for a custom made suit since off-the-rack suits just won’t work.
Alpinestars offers very complex sizing charts on their website, and if you want to dig more deeply into the sizing issue, I’d suggest visiting their website, but for sake of simplicity, we’ve condensed their basic sizing advice down to the chart below.
|Euro Size||Max Chest
Our Two Cents
Incorporating a host of protection and performance innovations the CE certified Atem v3 Suit is constructed from premium, supple leather and is ideal for track or street use. With technologies developed and extensively tested in MotoGP, the Atem Suit fuses exclusive ergonomic styling and class-leading protective technology.