Alpinestars Motegi v2 Two-Piece Leather Suit
- Constructed with premium 1.3mm full-grain bovine leather for high levels of abrasion resistance, comfort and durability with multiple-stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance.
- Extended, reinforced stretch fiber stretch panels on arms, crotch and legs.
- Accordion leather inserts on lumbar area, knees and elbows for excellent fit and reduced stress on body while in riding position. Stretch fabric accordion inserts on rear shoulders.
- Fixed mesh liner ensures a breathability and cooling comfort.
- Replaceable Alpinestars PU Sport knee sliders can be positioned according to riding style.
- Full circumference zipper to safely and securely attach jacket and pant together.
- Removable, CE certified protectors on elbows, shoulders and knees feature injection molded protection and dual density foam padding for exceptional protection against impact forces.
- External Dynamic Fiction Shield (DFS) shoulder protection offers abrasion resistance in a key impact area.
- Integrated PE foam padding on the chest, hips, coccyx, upper arms and torso further enhance fit and comfort while riding.
- Chest pad and back compartments (Alpinestars Ce certified Nucleon chest and back protection available as accessory upgrade).
- Snap connection system allows integration with Alpinestars CE level 2 certified Nucleon Race Back Protector for the ultimate in protection.
- Premium YKK fasteners used throughout the garment.
- Ventilated back hump is aerodynamically sculpted for superior air flow and performance at high speeds.
- Soft, 3D mesh and Neoprene collar for comfort while arm and leg cuffs feature soft poly-fabric.
- Striking printed graphic detailing gives suit unique styling. Reflective detailing or arms and legs improve visibility of rider in poor light conditions.
- Velcro and D-ring waist adjustment are positioned on the inside helps keep jacket close to the body and promotes an anatomical and personalized fit.
- Lightweight, contoured stretch calf panels, plus zippered.
- External zippered pockets and interior waterproof wallet pocket for safe, peace-of-mind storage.
- Interior waterproof chest document pocket for safe, peace-of-mind storage.
Read on for more details.
Alpinestars suits are offered in European sizes, Choosing a suit depends primarily upon three measurements; chest size, belly size and height. Race suits are cut with a very trim fit which is designed to fit skin tight over underwear or very light clothing. With most suits, the protection (back, chest and/or air bag) is optional and, when installed in the suit, will make them fit smaller, so you’ll want to think about the optional armor before selecting a size.
To select a size in a race suit, we highly recommend you measure your chest and belly with a tape (it is easier if you ask a friend to help). If you need some measuring help, take the link below for detailed instructions. Once you know your chest and belly measurements, you’ll want to choose a size from the chart that will be big enough for both. Before selection, you’ll need to add to your measurements for the addition of optional armor. Generally speaking, we recommend adding 1” to your chest and belly if you plan to add a back protector, and add an additional 1” to your chest for the addition of chest armor (if the suit is equipped to accommodate Alpinestar’s air bag system and you plan to install the air bag instead of armor, we suggest adding 1” to your chest and 1” to your belly).
Unlike separate jackets and pants, the fit of a suit is highly dependent upon your height. And since the fit of both the pants and the upper part of the suit are determined by the single size you choose, it’s pretty important that your height fall within the recommended range. To compensate for being too tall or too short for your ideal size, you can up-size or downsize to some degree, but you’ll be compromising the fit in other areas. Some riders who are much too tall or too short for standard sizing often opt for a custom made suit since off-the-rack suits just won’t work.
Alpinestars offers very complex sizing charts on their website, and if you want to dig more deeply into the sizing issue, I’d suggest visiting their website, but for sake of simplicity, we’ve condensed their basic sizing advice down to the chart below.
|Euro Size||Max Chest
Our Two Cents
The Motegi Two Piece Leather Suit is constructed from premium leather and incorporates strategically positioned stretch inserts to offer a highly comfortable performance riding fit. Durable and abrasion-resistant, this suit offers exceptional protective capabilities with external shoulder protection, CE certified inner protectors and replaceable sport knee sliders. As a two-piece suit the Motegi V2 gives a combination of performance and convenience.