Alpinestars Motegi v2 One-Piece Leather Suit
- Constructed with premium 1.3mm full-grain bovine leather
- Multiple-stitched main seam construction provides maximum tear resistance
- High-density perforation zones throughout suit plus perforated leather panels on torso and arms
- Extended, reinforced stretch fiber panels on arms, crotch and legs
- Accordion leather stretch inserts on lumbar, knees, elbows and rear shoulders
- Removable, CE certified protectors on elbows, shoulders and knees
- External Dynamic Friction Shield (DFS) shoulder sliders
- Pockets for armor at the hips and coccyx (both sold separately)
- Snap connection system allows integration with Alpinestars CE level 2 certified Nucleon Back Protector for the ultimate in protection (Nucleon protector sold separately)
- Pocket for optional chest protection (sold separately)
- Replaceable Alpinestars PU Sport knee sliders can be positioned according to riding style
- Removable mesh liner features built-in stretch inserts * Premium YKK fasteners used on garment including flat-profile YKK semi auto lock wrist zippers
- Back hump is aerodynamically sculpted for superior air flow and performance at high speeds
- Soft, 3D textured fabric collar for comfort while arm and leg cuffs feature soft poly-fabric
- Striking printed graphic detailing gives suit unique styling
- Lightweight, contoured stretch calf panels, plus zippered expansion gusset
- Reflective detailing or arms and legs improve visibility of rider in poor light conditions
- Interior waterproof chest document pocket for safe, peace-of-mind storage
Check out these similar products:
Alpinestars suits are offered in European sizes, Choosing a suit depends primarily upon three measurements; chest size, belly size and height. Race suits are cut with a very trim fit which is designed to fit skin tight over underwear or very light clothing. With most suits, the protection (back, chest and/or air bag) is optional and, when installed in the suit, will make them fit smaller, so you’ll want to think about the optional armor before selecting a size.
To select a size in a race suit, we highly recommend you measure your chest and belly with a tape (it is easier if you ask a friend to help). If you need some measuring help, take the link below for detailed instructions. Once you know your chest and belly measurements, you’ll want to choose a size from the chart that will be big enough for both. Before selection, you’ll need to add to your measurements for the addition of optional armor. Generally speaking, we recommend adding 1” to your chest and belly if you plan to add a back protector, and add an additional 1” to your chest for the addition of chest armor (if the suit is equipped to accommodate Alpinestar’s air bag system and you plan to install the air bag instead of armor, we suggest adding 1” to your chest and 1” to your belly).
Unlike separate jackets and pants, the fit of a suit is highly dependent upon your height. And since the fit of both the pants and the upper part of the suit are determined by the single size you choose, it’s pretty important that your height fall within the recommended range. To compensate for being too tall or too short for your ideal size, you can up-size or downsize to some degree, but you’ll be compromising the fit in other areas. Some riders who are much too tall or too short for standard sizing often opt for a custom made suit since off-the-rack suits just won’t work.
Alpinestars offers very complex sizing charts on their website, and if you want to dig more deeply into the sizing issue, I’d suggest visiting their website, but for sake of simplicity, we’ve condensed their basic sizing advice down to the chart below.
|Euro Size||Max Chest
Our Two Cents
Monster protection that feeds off speed, the Alpinestars Motegi V 2 Race Suit carves up apexes without cutting corners. The Motegi V2 was designed to allow your to achieve your potential and ride your best at the track. 1.3mm cowhide leather and CE certified limb protectors give you peace of mind knowing you are protected, allowing you to push your limits — because that’s how you get better. For upgraded protection, Nucleon CE level 2 armor is available for chest and back (sold separately). Stretch fabric inserts and accordion leather expansion panels afford you the mobility needed to attain ideal body position and lean into corners like the pros, ensuring the Alpinestars Motegi V2 Race Suit will not hold you back at the track.