Alpinestars Missile Two-Piece Leather Suit
- Durable premium leather main chassis constructed from 1.3 mm high grade leather.
- Large accordion stretch panels on the knees, shoulders and elbows aid movement on the bike.
- Stretch fabric panels on the sleeves and crotch further improve fit and feel.
- Ergonomic back hump, sculpted for better airflow and performance at high speed.
- Pre-curved sleeve and leg construction reduces fatigue.
- Localized perforations for improved ventilation and interior cooling.
- Stitched leather graphic and printed graphic detailing for an eye-catching look.
- Calf expansion gusset for optimized fit for range of lower leg sizes.
- Hook and loop grip cuff and ankle closure promotes close and secure fit.
- Unique, new heavy duty full circumference waist connection zipper to securely fasten upper and lower garments together, giving the suit the same silhouette as a one-piece suit. •Integrated padding increases comfort and protection.
- Chest pad compartments (Alpinestars Nucleon chest pads available as accessory upgrade).
- Multi-layer knee construction complete with reinforced grippy texture material on the inside allows the rider to better hug the bike’s tank, thus reducing fatigue and improving control.
- Full mesh inner liner for convenience and breathability.
- Inner waterproof wallet / document pocket for secure storage of small items.
- 3D textured fabric comfort collar construction.
- Multiple snap button system to integrate the Level 2 CE-certified Alpinestars Nucleon Back protector for use if Tech-Air® is not installed.
- CE-certified Alpinestars GP-R protector on shoulder, elbow and knee for impact resistance.
- Innovative new elbow slider is anatomically contoured and features a removable and replaceable screw-mounted insert slider.
- DFS (Dynamic Friction Shield) external dual density TPU sliders: shoulder and knee for class-leading abrasion resistance.
- Jacket can be worn as a standalone item.
- Replaceable SPORT knee sliders for impact and abrasion resistance.
Tech-Air® airbag system compatible
- This suit is built to accept the Tech-Air® Race Airbag System.
- The vest, purchased separately, installs easily and does not require any external sensors to operate.
- Should it detect a crash, it will deploy a protective airbag, providing unrivaled protection to the rider’s full back, shoulders, kidney area and chest.
- The garment is designed with stretch gussets on the arm and sleeves to accommodate the jacket’s inflated volume without compromising seam strength or material integrity. The jacket’s ergonomic design means that it can be worn without the airbag system for a versatile, personalized fit.
- LED display on sleeve indicating airbag’s operational status, while internal housing located in the built-in CE-certified back protector accommodates the system vest’s ECU.
- Internal hook and loop grip closure fixings plus cable housing seamlessly accommodate the airbag system.
Read on for more details.
Alpinestars suits are offered in European sizes, Choosing a suit depends primarily upon three measurements; chest size, belly size and height. Race suits are cut with a very trim fit which is designed to fit skin tight over underwear or very light clothing. With most suits, the protection (back, chest and/or air bag) is optional and, when installed in the suit, will make them fit smaller, so you’ll want to think about the optional armor before selecting a size.
To select a size in a race suit, we highly recommend you measure your chest and belly with a tape (it is easier if you ask a friend to help). If you need some measuring help, take the link below for detailed instructions. Once you know your chest and belly measurements, you’ll want to choose a size from the chart that will be big enough for both. Before selection, you’ll need to add to your measurements for the addition of optional armor. Generally speaking, we recommend adding 1” to your chest and belly if you plan to add a back protector, and add an additional 1” to your chest for the addition of chest armor (if the suit is equipped to accommodate Alpinestar’s air bag system and you plan to install the air bag instead of armor, we suggest adding 1” to your chest and 1” to your belly).
Unlike separate jackets and pants, the fit of a suit is highly dependent upon your height. And since the fit of both the pants and the upper part of the suit are determined by the single size you choose, it’s pretty important that your height fall within the recommended range. To compensate for being too tall or too short for your ideal size, you can up-size or downsize to some degree, but you’ll be compromising the fit in other areas. Some riders who are much too tall or too short for standard sizing often opt for a custom made suit since off-the-rack suits just won’t work.
Alpinestars offers very complex sizing charts on their website, and if you want to dig more deeply into the sizing issue, I’d suggest visiting their website, but for sake of simplicity, we’ve condensed their basic sizing advice down to the chart below.
|Euro Size||Max Chest
Our Two Cents
Constructed from premium grade bovine leather for flexibility and comfort and incorporating ergonomic tear and abrasion resistant four-way stretch inserts and accordion panels, the Missile Two-Piece Leather Suit has been designed for sports riders. The CE-certified Missile Two-Piece Leather Suit has a unique construction which allows the jacket and pants to be put together with a hidden connection that provides a seamless appearance. This suit features class-leading protection inside and out and is compatible with Alpinestars active airbag technology, Tech-Air®.