Alpinestars GP Pro V2 1 Piece Suit (48, 50, 56, Or 58 Only)
A premium full grain leather suit fully optimized for Alpinestars innovative Tech-Air® Race airbag system. The GP Pro v2 Leather Suit for Tech-Air Race® features an anatomical engineered design to ensure excellent comfort and performance fit for trackdays or serious road riding. Packed with class-leading, track-tested protection inside and out, this ventilated leather suit is versatile and extremely comfortable. Its unique design means it can be equally effectively worn with or without the Tech-Air® airbag system.
- Premium leather main chassis constructed from 1.3mm genuine premium bovine leather.
- Large accordion stretch panels help movement and comfort on the bike.
- Stretch fabric panels on sleeves and crotch further improve fit and feel.
- Strategically positioned accordion stretch panel inserts have been designed to accommodate Alpinestars airbag system, allowing expansion when the airbag inflates but also offering a high level of anatomical performance and a superior fit when riding without the system fitted.
- Tech-Air® compatible; Tech-Air® is the world’s first completely electronic, self-contained, full independent upper body motorcycle airbag system with no bike-to-rider set-up configurations required.
- An LED display on the sleeve indicates the airbag’s operational status, while an internal housing located in the CE-certified back protector accommodates the system vest’s ECU.
- Ergonomic back hump, sculpted for better airflow and performance at high speed.
- Pre-curved sleeves and legs construction to reduce rider fatigue.
- Localized perforations improve ventilation.
- Calf expansion gusset allow riders to tailor the fit.
- Aramidic fiber reinforcement on critical areas: shoulder, elbow, lower back.
- Integrated padding for increased levels of rider comfort.
- Chest compartments designed to accommodate the Alpinestars Nucleon chest pads, available as an accessory upgrade.
- Reinforced knee features multi-layer construction for enhanced levels of protection.
- Removable mesh inner liner for convenience and breathability.
- Waterproof inner wallet pocket for peace-of-mind storage.
- Multiple snap button system to integrate the Level 2 CE-certified Alpinestars Nucleon Back protector.
- 3D textured fabric collar construction for rider comfort.
- CE-certified Alpinestars GP-R protectors on the shoulder, elbow and knee.
- Innovative new elbow slider is anatomically contoured and features a removable and replaceable screw-mounted insert slider.
- DFS (Dynamic Friction Shield) external dual density TPU sliders on the shoulder and knee.
- Sport knee slider.
- Fully CE-certified riding garment to CE – Category II prEN17092 draft standards – AAA class.
Alpinestars suits are offered in European sizes, Choosing a suit depends primarily upon three measurements; chest size, belly size and height. Race suits are cut with a very trim fit which is designed to fit skin tight over underwear or very light clothing. With most suits, the protection (back, chest and/or air bag) is optional and, when installed in the suit, will make them fit smaller, so you’ll want to think about the optional armor before selecting a size.
To select a size in a race suit, we highly recommend you measure your chest and belly with a tape (it is easier if you ask a friend to help). If you need some measuring help, take the link below for detailed instructions. Once you know your chest and belly measurements, you’ll want to choose a size from the chart that will be big enough for both. Before selection, you’ll need to add to your measurements for the addition of optional armor. Generally speaking, we recommend adding 1” to your chest and belly if you plan to add a back protector, and add an additional 1” to your chest for the addition of chest armor (if the suit is equipped to accommodate Alpinestar’s air bag system and you plan to install the air bag instead of armor, we suggest adding 1” to your chest and 1” to your belly).
Unlike separate jackets and pants, the fit of a suit is highly dependent upon your height. And since the fit of both the pants and the upper part of the suit are determined by the single size you choose, it’s pretty important that your height fall within the recommended range. To compensate for being too tall or too short for your ideal size, you can up-size or downsize to some degree, but you’ll be compromising the fit in other areas. Some riders who are much too tall or too short for standard sizing often opt for a custom made suit since off-the-rack suits just won’t work.
Alpinestars offers very complex sizing charts on their website, and if you want to dig more deeply into the sizing issue, I’d suggest visiting their website, but for sake of simplicity, we’ve condensed their basic sizing advice down to the chart below.
|Euro Size||Max Chest
Our Two Cents
Alpinestars says: A premium full grain leather suit fully optimized for Alpinestars innovative Tech-Air® Race airbag system. The GP Pro v2 Leather Suit for Tech-Air Race® features an anatomical engineered design to ensure excellent comfort and performance fit for trackdays or serious road riding. Packed with class-leading, track-tested protection inside and out, this ventilated leather suit is versatile and extremely comfortable. Its unique design means it can be equally effectively worn with or without the Tech-Air® airbag system.